Thread: How do you adjust and equalize the beaters on a DW 3000 double pedal.

User Info Menu

Default How do you adjust and equalize the beaters on a DW 3000 double pedal.

I haven't been playing double bass long and this is my first double bass pedal that I bought used off a guy. Before I had a speed king or "Squeek king" that now is used on my electric kit. VBut I watched a Dave Lombardo video and he explained that you need to have your beaters the same.. well mine is has one that sits lower and it does seem awkward but I've not really seen where you adjust them to get them to synch up? Is it in the spring tensions? I'm gonna pull it off the kit and give it a closer inspection just thought maybe one of you would know. Thanks in advance.
    I had a lot of time to think it over lying in this hospital bed...
    I monkeyed with another monkey's monkey
    And her gorilla whupped upon my head!~Johnny Paycheck

User Info Menu

Default Re: How do you adjust and equalize the beaters on a DW 3000 double pedal.

You should be able to adjust the angle of the slave beater independently. Spring tension is just for getting the same feel between both pedals. There's probably a screw that can be loosed to allow you to rotate the beater so that it is even with the master beater. When it's even, just tighten it back down.
    Mmm... Saturns.

User Info Menu

Default Re: How do you adjust and equalize the beaters on a DW 3000 double pedal.

There should be a screw holding the spring on the side of the pedal.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

cool,, I was jacking with it while still attached to the bass drum,There is a drum key screw that raises and lowers the beater but not the angle but I'll give it a good go over to make sure. I've had the thing like 6 months now.. It's a lot of fun,But double bass is still foreign to me, But I saw my friend play one and I saw how it can really compliment grooves, I think the reason I stayed away from them so long is all the speed metal drummers I knew growing up all did the straight 16th note beats and just wore it to death.
    I had a lot of time to think it over lying in this hospital bed...
    I monkeyed with another monkey's monkey
    And her gorilla whupped upon my head!~Johnny Paycheck