Thread: Deep tuning

User Info Menu

Default Deep tuning

Been working on my toms tonight using some settings a friend gave me for deeper toned toms. Needless to say, they are deeeeep...

FB_IMG_1523668381228.jpg

FB_IMG_1523668391745.jpg

IMG_20180413_205417_076.jpg
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Re: Deep tuning

What happens when you move them?
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

So far they have stayed in tune when I've moved them around. I'll know more this weekend when I jam out with some guys.
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Just a short clip. This is how it turned out in regards to the tone. The video is from a jam session with some friends tonight.

User Info Menu

i brought that tunebot home from work and I HATED it!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    i brought that tunebot home from work and I HATED it!
    It's taken me a while to get used to it and to find a way to tune it that I like. What I did find is this got it close, but I still had to do some fine tuning by ear once the kit was set up in a live band environment.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrumWhipper View Post
    It's taken me a while to get used to it and to find a way to tune it that I like. What I did find is this got it close, but I still had to do some fine tuning by ear once the kit was set up in a live band environment.
    You know Whipper, it all boils down to that! I have the drum dial and tune-bot and I still can't figure those gadgets out. The more you do it by ear the better you get at it! Snare drums have always been a nightmare to me, now I can tune a snare drum pretty fast now.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummerMD View Post
    You know Whipper, it all boils down to that! I have the drum dial and tune-bot and I still can't figure those gadgets out. The more you do it by ear the better you get at it! Snare drums have always been a nightmare to me, now I can tune a snare drum pretty fast now.
    I always tune my kick and snare by ear. I typically do my toms, but wanted to try something based off of a suggestion from a friend. At the end of the day it got me close, but I still found myself fine tuning from there.

User Info Menu

I have used the drumdial and found I can tune better by ear faster and better so it sits collecting dust.