Thread: Decided to take some time

User Info Menu

Default Decided to take some time

After the last band I was a part of fell apart a couple of weeks ago I have been trying to decide to handle things. I've had some opportunities present themselves, but I am going to make sure to take my time and make sure I find the best fit for me. I'm not going to just jump at the first opportunity that comes my way, unless I am 100% convinced it is the right one.

I did go out and jam with some guys on Saturday night. It was good at times, but it was terrible at times as well. Frankly you can't play southern rock with a guy who thinks he is the frontman for Godsmack, lol.

I have agreed to sit in with a band next weekend for a two night residency at a hotel in a town about an hour and a half away from me. They are looking for a full time drummer, but I'm going to see how those two nights go before telling them yes or no.

I also had a guy who plays with a baby grand piano, a guitar player, bass player, and drummer call me out of the blue. He won't tell me how he got my number, nor do I know how he got it. He just says a friend gave it to him. He just moved around here from Nashville, and I only have one friend in the music business in Nashville, and he won the first Nashville Star show. I just haven't gotten in touch with him to see if he passed my number along. The guy who fronts this band is on Youtube and is a showman for sure, but I just don't know enough about him yet either.

Of course I still have the blues band I gig with occasionally, but we just haven't had many things going on lately. We do have a few things booked for this summer that we are working towards. I'd love for this band to take off and do more, it's just getting the entire group convinced to put the time, energy, and effort into it. If I could do that, all others wouldn't even be in consideration.
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Re: Decided to take some time

Sounds like you have some good thinking to do. Good luck with which ever band you choose.
    Conrad

User Info Menu

Default Re: Decided to take some time

I know what you mean, I have my main band but they too just do not have the commitment or time to put into the band. Love playing with them and it is always fun but just too much inconsideration to be steady. It is always tough to find a good match and I have yet to find one that ticked all the boxes. Good luck and let us know which way you go.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO