Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What I'm Working On.....

User Info Menu

Default What I'm Working On.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-p1gHyqhnw

I find this very easy, at first I thought I was doing it wrong because it was so easy but I wasn't..... Now I just need to work on my speed

User Info Menu

Default Triplets on Drums

They're lots of fun when you get them fast. Then to make it more challenging, start with different hands/feet.

You go girl!!

User Info Menu

Cool vid, DC! Triplets are kind of fun, aren't they!!!! As we talked about, I'm just getting into them too. Thanks for sharing the video!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Cool vid, DC! Triplets are kind of fun, aren't they!!!! As we talked about, I'm just getting into them too. Thanks for sharing the video!
    Yeah, Van's got a lot of great drumming videos on youtube

User Info Menu

Who is Van?
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Randy Van Patten, I just know him from his drum videos on youtube. He's awesome!

User Info Menu

Cool What I'm Working On...

Gonna have to check out the other vids from this dude--thanks for bringin' this one in, DC!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

he's got some good lessons and vids out there. when you have triplets and quadruplets down you can B.S. your way out of about any situation. trust me on that one. when i start blowing a solo, i just bust into a fat quadruplet beat and paople always go nuts. blow a fill...same thing just triplet your way out of it and its all good. a good tool to have in the box.

User Info Menu

I love doing these, they add so much dynamic to a song, and just sound really cool, RIGHT ON SUE, you go girl.

User Info Menu

Default for some cool triplets...

Yeah, Triplets/Quadruplets are simple, yet sound good. I'm gonna have to check out that video when I get home. Dang school network won't let us on You Tube.

If you wanna hear some cool triplets, listen to a live version of #41 from DMB. Carter does a cool triplet patturn on the Hi-Hat. Has to be a live version though.
    http://www.drumchat.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3906&dateline=1196908  888
    "Did you hear that Robin? 'Were'. 'Were'! DON'T YOU EVER TALK TO ME LIKE THAT AGAIN! I'M BARRRY GIBB! I'LL PUT YOU IN THE GROUND! PUT-YOU-IN--THE-GROUND--YeaH!

User Info Menu

I agree once you have them down they have such huge impact and they sound so cool to the layman if you will.

User Info Menu

simple concept yup. but its one of things you gotta work on. they dont come smooth and fast in a day. iv been workin on them for months

User Info Menu

oh aint you working on my song yet DC :P
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

I love them, I think they sound ultra cool. It does take years to get them sounding their best. Power and smoothness has to develop in both hands and feet otherwise they dont sound powerful enough and have no where the effect of that video. Then you need the speed which all comes together i suppose.

User Info Menu

keep in mind, that guy has been playing before he was 6 years old. and what is he now ? like 40. just a guess. thats a lot... a lot of years. i bet all the skills he has learned over those years has helped those triplets in some way or another. just keep dat in mind

User Info Menu

exactly, so in that time he has developed alot of power in his arms and legs and excellent timing and smoothness from years of practicing endurance, co-ordination, rudiments etc etc

User Info Menu

i use those triplets a lot when i'm playing with my band or in festivals.
    You can do a lot of nice brakes with triplets and it is also good for practice.

So, what you do is: foot - right hand - left hand
    try also: foot - left hand - right hand. Good practice
    Keep On Drumming

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo42w View Post
    oh aint you working on my song yet DC :P
    Aren't you suppose to be on Holiday LOL

User Info Menu

triplets are fun and flashy, dont forget dynamics, if you hit hard with your foot make sure your hands are at the same level, you guy's want to be really flashy and you wanna test yourself, try this. alternate the triplet,
    foot left right-foot right left. when you get this triplet going it will seriously test your technique and all those little weaknesses will shine through, trust me ive been there and its a dark dark place.

User Info Menu

Thumbs up What I'm Working On.....

OLA como estas DRUM CHICK *Thats Great * Triplets
    are ALways Fun & as they Flow smoothly ,Infact its all GREAT*
    Always gainning Knowledge* GRACIAS for shareing *Keep Rockin*

User Info Menu

once again a rock drummer takes the glory. Elvin Jones was doing those in the 50's with John Coltrane...
    great stuff!

all the best...

User Info Menu

Cool What I'm Working On...

Well, kay-gee, now you know what it's like for me and double-bass drumming...Louis Bellson did it first, but now it's "been there done that!" for everyone's rock band!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Default Re: What I'm Working On.....

I own Vans Drumming's DVD. I really enjoyed it. Very informative and Fun!!!

User Info Menu

Wow, that dude played those so clean.

I hope his DVD has a better quality of production that that clip though.

User Info Menu

Sue, your drumming is amazing, but your voice is so much lower and you're not nearly as pretty as you used to be.