Thread: Rack tom stands

User Info Menu

Default Rack tom stands

So I really like my new Mapex Armory kit, but I'm really considering buying a double tom stand with a boom arm for a crash cymbal in order to get the rack toms off of two separate boom stands. For those who have something like this what are you using and/or what would you suggest?
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Re: Rack tom stands

I won a recent ebay auction on some concert toms a 6" an 8". Tama makes good stands, I really like the old heavy Titan stuff. I found a used double tom stand and I started playing double bass but I had to switch to a no leg hi hat to get the hats closer to the snare because the double bass pedal was in the way. So I made a bracket that comes of the double tom stand to the no leg hi hat stand. So now the concert toms are just a little above the hats and I'm eventually gonna tree off the double stand with a bracket that will hold a small crash above the concert toms. Tama makes a single tom cymbal stand. but I"m pretty sure you will have to get a bracket to come off of a double tom stand if you want it to hold a cymbal as well. I've not seen any double tom stands that are made to also hold a cymbal.. I'm sure they are out there but I've not seen them.
    Last edited by wired; 04-26-2018 at 06:50 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrumWhipper View Post
    So I really like my new Mapex Armory kit, but I'm really considering buying a double tom stand with a boom arm for a crash cymbal in order to get the rack toms off of two separate boom stands. For those who have something like this what are you using and/or what would you suggest?
    You can attached anything you'd like to this as seen in the second pic:

IMG_0076.jpg

IMG_2782.jpg
    Last edited by inthpktplayer; 04-26-2018 at 07:02 AM. Reason: Added pic

User Info Menu

Hey, your stuff has tipped over. Windy day, huh?

DWhipper, I have a TAMA double tom stand that I'm no longer using. It was an "add-on" I bought when needing an 8 and 10" tom arrangement. I sold the toms and kept that stand.

Any interest unless you want strictly Mapex products? It sits stored in my SKB hard case as of this posting.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

I recently bought a very heavy duty Gibraltar tom stand for about $100 new. Worth every penny as the HD cymbal stand used beforehand swayed more than I was comfortable with.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Hey, your stuff has tipped over. Windy day, huh?

DWhipper, I have a TAMA double tom stand that I'm no longer using. It was an "add-on" I bought when needing an 8 and 10" tom arrangement. I sold the toms and kept that stand.

Any interest unless you want strictly Mapex products? It sits stored in my SKB hard case as of this posting.
    I'm not opposed to Tama hardware. Can you inbox me some photos and price?
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

I'm not opposed to Tama hardware. Can you inbox me some photos and price?
    I'll get something posted tonight. I have to dig it out and take more current photos.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Any updates Bish?

User Info Menu

I also have the Gibraltar heavy duty stand for my two toms on the Pork Pie kit

User Info Menu

Any updates Bish?

LOL, I lost track of this thread and couldn't find it. I apologize. I had evening activities that started last week that I wasn't aware of. I've not had time to barely go home and have dinner and then out the door. Plus I played this weekend so I was busy prepping for that.

To be honest, I don't think I can save you any money. By the time we agree on a price and figure in shipping, you will easily be at $100.00 or more.

Currently, there is a new one on one of the internet big box stores for $83.00. It is very similar to mine. I couldn't sell mine for that and give you a deal on shipping. I hope you understand.

In looking out for your best interest, you would be well off just buying something off the net. I don't think I'd be competitive.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

I understand. Not a problem at all.