Thread: Back rests for drum thrones

User Info Menu

Default Back rests for drum thrones

I am sure this topic has got to have been discussed before. If not, Oh look!

A couple weeks ago I finally purchased my first RocnSoc back rest for my hydraulic seat I use for gigging. Took like 2 minutes to install and I am so hooked. Best investment I've made for my performing comfort. I am so happy with the function, I'm purchasing two more for my other thrones that I use at home or for gigging should I choose to use a different throne.

Since I no longer have any on-line hosting sites at my disposal, pictures will be unavailable.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Default Re: Back rests for drum thrones

Haven't needed to use a hosting site to post pics on here for a while now.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    Haven't needed to use a hosting site to post pics on here for a while now.
    Unfortunately my pictures are too large for this site to upload. Imagine if you will a place where you can.....ah, who'm I kidding?
    Signature here

User Info Menu

My Yamaha kit, I use a Roc-N-Soc with back rest. Its GREAT! Was definitely a great investment

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    My Yamaha kit, I use a Roc-N-Soc with back rest. Its GREAT! Was definitely a great investment
    Yep. I have two more ordered and on the way. It's funny how we say, "yeah, I'm done buying drums," only to find out there are still accessories that need to be bought. No one should ever be done buying. I know I've been done several times.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

LOve my Hydraulic roc n soc with the back rest. Have had it for about 7 years and gig with it regularly. Still feels and looks great. I have a gibraltar practice throne at my bass players house and need to buy a back rest for it. Probably says a lot about my lack of technique but the back rest really helps my balance and posture when gigging, especially in the 3rd set.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    LOve my Hydraulic roc n soc with the back rest. Have had it for about 7 years and gig with it regularly. Still feels and looks great. I have a gibraltar practice throne at my bass players house and need to buy a back rest for it. Probably says a lot about my lack of technique but the back rest really helps my balance and posture when gigging, especially in the 3rd set.
    Perfectly said.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Don't know if you guys ever noticed the throne Ringo was using on the rooftop video. It had a backrest [if you want to call it that] looked more like a neck cusion but it's kind of cool how primitive they use to be.

Found a pic
    be4946d22412cc74d9d80613be76f3c7.jpg
    Last edited by slinky; 05-12-2018 at 06:47 AM.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slinky View Post
    Don't know if you guys ever noticed the throne Ringo was using on the rooftop video. It had a backrest [if you want to call it that] looked more like a neck cusion but it's kind of cool how primitive they use to be.

Found a pic
    be4946d22412cc74d9d80613be76f3c7.jpg

Good find.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Backrests between songs are great but they do allow for some slouching during play which can be bad, making you reach more than you should.
    SONOR 6 pc Special Edition 3007's red maple, old Pearl Brass 14x6 FF snare, Yamaha Tour Custom maple 8 pc., Tama 4 pc., honey amber B/B, Ludwig Supralite chrome 14x6.5 steel snare, Paiste, Saluda & Zildjian
    Loaned out Slingerland upgraded 4 pc 1963 black, wrapped maple + 14" Pearl birch FT
    The Almighty Speed King pedal, Speed Cobra, Sonor Single

http://www.screaminmelinas.com
    http://www.facebook.com/DerailedRockers/

User Info Menu

Meh.

The idea of it appealed to me at first but now mine serves as a computer chair.

all the best...