Thread: Happy Star Wars Day! lol

User Info Menu

Default Happy Star Wars Day! lol

Any fans in here?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Happy Star Wars Day! lol

I saw Star Wars when it 1st came out. Had to wait almost a month to get in unless we wanted to stand in a line about 1/2 mile long.

If I could pick 1 book I would love to see made into a movie, it would be "Glory Road" by Robert Heinlien:

"E. C. "Scar" Gordon was on the French Riviera recovering from a tour of combat in Southeast Asia , but he hadn't given up his habit of scanning the Personals in the newspaper. One ad in particular leapt out at him:

"ARE YOU A COWARD? This is not for you. We badly need a brave man. He must be 23 to 25 years old, in perfect health, at least six feet tall, weigh about 190 pounds, fluent English, with some French, proficient in all weapons, some knowledge of engineering and mathematics essential, willing to travel, no family or emotional ties, indomitably courageous and handsome of face and figure. Permanent employment, very high pay, glorious adventure, great danger. You must apply in person, rue Dante, Nice, 2me étage, apt. D."

How could you not answer an ad like that, especially when it seemed to describe you perfectly? Well, except maybe for the "handsome" part, but that was in the eye of the beholder anyway. So he went to that apartment and was greeted by the most beautiful woman he'd ever met. She seemed to have many names, but agreed he could call her "Star." A pretty appropriate name, as it turned out, for the empress of twenty universes."

I bought "Glory Road" back in the early '60's, started it and couldn't put it down. It starts ^^^^^^^^ there and gets better every page.

The problem is that the only person who could make it and do it justice would be Steven Spielberg and I doubt if that's going to happen.

"Lord of Light" by Roger Zelazny is another 1 I would like to see made, but, again, only Spielberg could do it right.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

I'm uncomfortable reading "May the 4th be with you", let alone saying it....lol.

User Info Menu

I've never seen a Star Wars movie.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NPYYZ View Post
    I've never seen a Star Wars movie.
    So you're the 1.
    Last edited by rickthedrummer; 05-12-2018 at 02:16 PM. Reason: ====
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

I am # 2 cause I have never seen it either lol. Was never into sci fi movies.

User Info Menu

I love Sci-Fi movies

2001: A Space Odyssey
    Star Wars
    The Fly
    Star Trek
    Alien
    The Terminator
    Planet of the Apes
    Back to the Future
    Mad Max
    The Matrix
    The Twilight Zone
    Outer Limits
    Predator
    Marvel and some DC movies

It was the nuclear age with
    Giant Spiders, Ants..etc.
    lots..more
    Last edited by Olimpass; 05-18-2018 at 09:10 PM.

User Info Menu

sci fi or not boggles my mind to hear someone's never seen at least one!