Thread: Damn That Dog!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

Default Damn That Dog!!

I've recently bought a new dog, he's really cute and everything but the problem is he's found he mic hole in my bass drum. He keeps getting stuck in my bass drum! Now funny as this is one day i fear that he may go to sleep in it and I will start paying. How do i stop this happening other than turning my bass drum to the wall. I don't want to put a new skin on as my band reguarly gig and this would mean changing the skins round every time ...

User Info Menu

Tell your dog no whenever he goes there, a flick on the nose will do it...or you could turn your bass to the wall.

User Info Menu

yeah, I agree. train the dog not to go in there... best way is either the flip on nose method, spray him with water... or... my personal favorite, hope he DOES fall asleep in the bass, and start playing, I assure you... he'll never do it again!... but no really... flip on nose, or water spray
    Thats the way, uh huh, uh huh, I like it.

User Info Menu

cant really suggest anything else here. but i used to have a cat and he crawled in that bass drum and i started playing. the cat wasnt to impressed at ALL. just a funny story!

User Info Menu

incredibly funny, but please tell me u didnt know the cat was in there!

User Info Menu

give him a tap under the chin when you are telling him "NO" thats the way I was told to train a dog without the dog losing respect for you or becoming afraid of you. Any other hits on the head are not taken too well by a dog. Also, if you are not using the hole at home, block it with something. Or just have a quick look before you start playing. The dog will grow up soon and hopefully not fit in there anymore.

User Info Menu

good advice man. ill remember that when I get a dog. Nah andy, i didnt know, its all good! =P

User Info Menu

This is an awesom story, but I think your prediction of him falling asleep is even more classic lol. You must admit, it could turn out bad, but it would get a laugh or two. Is it like a puppy or just a small dog? Couldn't you tell through your batter head if he was in there?
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

Cool Damn That Dog!!

Hey, Andy!

Hartz Mountain makes a repellent spray called NO! that's supposed to keep dogs and cats away from the areas you don't want them around. It doesn't smell bad to people, but it's supposed to smell bad to pets. You'll find it in the pet supply department at most stores...try that as part of anything else you're doin'...
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drum_chick View Post

LOL.... Oh man, that's funny!
    That "really" caught me off guard.

User Info Menu

Absolutely classic DC!!!!!!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Just be glad he's not chewing.

User Info Menu

wow, DC i cant believe that. I never seen anything like that before. But i cant get rid of the dog, hes too cute. I bought some of that 'NO!' stuff and that has worked well, but he went to sleep in the bass drum and i started playing! (By accident of course) and hes now scared of my drums and wont even go in my room anymore !

User Info Menu

Cool

Oh, man! I bet he won't get anywhere near those drums now!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

User Info Menu

Default Re: Damn That Dog!!

can he still hear?

User Info Menu

Wow, it is a wonder he is not deaf!!

User Info Menu

Just be thankful that he didn't do his "business" inside the drum....lol....my cats have "eye-balled" the hole, so far so good....my fear is that they decide to use the bass head(s) as a scratching post.....my dogs are to big to worry about......they actually lay on the couch (ya I know) and listen when I make noise....go figure
    cheers
    RIFF

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Damn That Dog!!

RIFF, I thought jazz lovers were always "cool CATS," but now I see why some people call music lovers "dawgs!"

Charlie

User Info Menu

ya BB, hey tho you might be right, maybe the noise I make is Jazz, it sure as heck ain't rock n roll. by the way, the fish in the fish tank don't seem bothered by the vibration, go figure?...my dogs are faithful, more than I can say about the cats...
    cheers
    RIFF