Thread: my Bocote wood snare drum build Part 3... final with sound clip!

User Info Menu

Default my Bocote wood snare drum build Part 3... final with sound clip!

Here is the final part of my Bocote snare build.
    Here I apply the acrylic Matte finish and do the sanding.

I also finally take the snare to my Pork Pie kit and do a sound clip for you!

Enjoy!

User Info Menu

Default Re: my Bocote wood snare drum build Part 3... final with sound clip!

Awesome. Not a huge fan of black nickel hardware.....but it looks fantastic on that medium dark wood. The wood grain really pops. Beautiful. And sounds good to. Nice job!!

Finished it just in time, too. I heard you were running low on new snares..
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    Awesome. Not a huge fan of black nickel hardware.....but it looks fantastic on that medium dark wood. The wood grain really pops. Beautiful. And sounds good to. Nice job!!

Finished it just in time, too. I heard you were running low on new snares..
    hahaha
    Yeah one can never run low on new snares!
    Last edited by SpazApproved; 05-07-2018 at 07:37 AM.

User Info Menu

HOLY JUMPIN' CRAZY GUITAR PLAYERS BATMAN, ZACK SAID 2 NOT 1, BUT 2 DIRTY WORDS.

Sure had me fooled Zack, it sounded just like a snare drum. I was indeed SHOCKED, I tell you, SHOCKED.

I was going to build a Lambo once but I ran out of money after I bought the brake pads.

The next time you build something, I would get the directions in the correct order so 1 doesn't have to say bad words.

Just bustin' Zack.............................................. .................................................. ...maybe!!!
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

I was so shell shocked when I read 2hours.... I thought it was so funny I had to share it in the video! hahaha

Sorry for the strong language everyone bwuhahahaha! Just a guy not knowing how to read directions here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    I was so shell shocked when I read 2hours.... I thought it was so funny I had to share it in the video! hahaha

Sorry for the strong language everyone bwuhahahaha! Just a guy not knowing how to read directions here
    Next time let Cailyn do it.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Well, the stain prep is not really a requirement. I think it mostly helps raise the grain and get an even color across the wood. You did clear, so not a big deal.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Here is the final part of my Bocote snare build.
    Here I apply the acrylic Matte finish and do the sanding.

I also finally take the snare to my Pork Pie kit and do a sound clip for you!

Enjoy!
    Oh man, I love that snare! That grain is stunning and it sounds amazing!

Where did you get the shell from again?
    FILL YOUR LIFE WITH INSPIRATION TO INSPIRE

DW Collectors - Paragon - Vic Firth -

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DWdrumr View Post
    Oh man, I love that snare! That grain is stunning and it sounds amazing!

Where did you get the shell from again?

Dynamicx drum company.

User Info Menu

Dynamicx drum company.
    Thank you! I can’t seem to find how to order just a shell? Can you help me out?
    FILL YOUR LIFE WITH INSPIRATION TO INSPIRE

DW Collectors - Paragon - Vic Firth -

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DWdrumr View Post
    Thank you! I can’t seem to find how to order just a shell? Can you help me out?
    Next Sunday I will be seeing them at the Chicago Drum Expo.
    This is actually where I bought my shell from them originally.
    I'll send you pics and you can pick one out hahaha