Thread: My kits I've used with my new band - Radioface

User Info Menu

Default My kits I've used with my new band - Radioface

In order of gig/usage starting in January 2018.

- Harley Corins

- Riscky's and others

- Jimbo's Knucklehead

More on next post
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Default Re: My kits I've used with my new band - Radioface

More ....

- Sidetracked event center

- Ducky's Lagoon.

See any pattern happening? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

Truth be told, I really dig the 18" bass drum for thump, punch and ease of transport. Did I mention I'm getting on in years?
    Signature here

User Info Menu

OH, I almost forgot. Drivers view....

- Gimpy's on 150....last Saturday....Stormy night, too.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

That driver’s view looks tight!! Very nice kits! I’ve seen those beaters before. What kind are they?
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by FlyByNight View Post
    That driver’s view looks tight!! Very nice kits! I’ve seen those beaters before. What kind are they?
    Trick Dominators, I believe. I use the Pro 1-V's. ( Trick ) . . . . . . . .Oh yeah, great pics Bish!
    Last edited by drummerMD; 05-19-2018 at 05:16 AM.

User Info Menu

Love all the kits Bish! If you put them all together, you would have one of Spaz's kits!
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal

User Info Menu

Thanks for posting the photos...................................all are beautiful.
    That first blue set certainly has a fantastic stage presence.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Thanks, guys.

Yes, the beaters are from Trick. Trick gave more click which allows the subs to enhance the low end, gave the click more dynamic and just pounds out front in the PA. Wonderful stuff.

I also have a "click" patch that I'm going to add at some point. So far it's not been needed and since I'm using four different bass drums and only have one click pad I haven't figured out where to try it. Ah the challenges we face, eh?
    Signature here

User Info Menu

I’m with Ricardo; that blue fade Tama is absolutely stunning on stage. I would struggle with that kit. I prefer a 1up/1dwn for gigging, BUT, I would be so tempted to run the full kit just to get as much of that beautiful blue finish on stage as possible.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Beautiful setups Bish ...

I guess that I'll be the odd man out and say that my preference is for the Ducky's/Gimpy's kit and for the same reasons. These days, practical is the new beautiful as I too have gone minimalist although it was quite a while back, as I am getting up in years myself.

However, I do love the look of your larger blue kit though but when it comes to gigging mine, I seem to get winded just thinking about having to mic my minimalist 4 piece kit up. It's surely a treat on those gigs when I just show up and the sound person handles all of that for me LOL ...
    Last edited by dangermoney; 05-19-2018 at 03:31 PM.

User Info Menu

I love playing my new Ludwigs in a 12/14/22 configuration. I love the 12”/14” combo, but Honestly, I wish it was a 20” bass drum. The 22x18 is just larger than I prefer....and heavy. I’ve thought about having it cut down from 18” to 14” depth.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

N2Bluz, I downsized even further to a 12/14/22 Ludwig CM kit last summer, all traditional sizes. I too love the 12/14 combo. I thought about getting the 20" kick but decided against it as I've always preferred the tone of a 22". Mine is in a 14" depth and it's plenty big enough, the perfect depth IMO ...

User Info Menu

I hope you are all sitting down....

My "minimal" kit is actually my TAMA Bop kit in all birch shells. The bass drum is 18" X 14" and I'm loving it. The entire kit is very light weight so and being birch it punch through the muck and mire of the bassist and lead guitarist.

My 2nd choice is the glitter ddrums. 20" bass drum but mostly I like the dual floor toms.

Lastly, I prefer to use the Red TAMA Starclassics. Again, 3 pc and the bass drum is 22" X 16". That is the perfect depth for a 22" bass drum for overall size and ease of hauling the larger drum. It sounds pretty darn good, too.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Here's the kit in its domestic environment. Jeckel and Hyde? lol

Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by OldeEnglishD View Post
    Love all the kits Bish! If you put them all together, you would have one of Spaz's kits!
    Sorry I didn't respond to this earlier. Pretty funny, lol. I took an inventory and I think I'm short a drum or two.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Also, here is the snare I'm using for gigging. DW, go figure, huh?

Signature here