Thread: Yanny ot Laurel

User Info Menu

Default Yanni or Laurell

This Yanni and Laurell experiment is really bringing some understanding. Scientifically, it's possible to literally hear "go buy a new drum set and some cymbals", when the wife said "we need more milk".
    Last edited by DrumWhipper; 05-19-2018 at 12:04 PM.
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Re: Yanny ot Laurel

I must live under a rock....
    I have no clue what all this is about, LOL.
    I do, however like the idea of buying drums. I also agree that what I hear my wife say and what she really means are usually two completely different things.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

It is some stupid facebook video where you click play. Some people hear Yanni, some hear Laurell. If you listen with noise cancelling headphones you will hear both lol.
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

I find it fascinating myself. And funny post DrumWhipper!

User Info Menu

that whole things is just strange to me lol
    The wife and I hear em differently

User Info Menu

If you listen with noise cancelling headphones you will hear both words. You can also play the video over and over and over again and you will eventually get both words.

User Info Menu

The mind is a curious thing. My wife and I use one of those “sleep machines”. It plays your choice of sleep inducing sounds; a train running down the tracks, a rain storm, the ocean waves, crickets, etc.. Many times, while in a state of partial sleep, I can distinctly pick out rhythmic patterns that ordinarily can’t be heard. On rare occasion, I can even hear the voices underneath the sounds saying, “sleep...sleep...sleep”. That kind of weirds me out....
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Brian, I've messed around with controlled lucid dreaming and it can be pretty exciting. It's like living in an alternate reality where you can control outcomes. Hard to explain if you haven't experienced it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Brian, I've messed around with controlled lucid dreaming and it can be pretty exciting. It's like living in an alternate reality where you can control outcomes. Hard to explain if you haven't experienced it.
    Well Tom, that pretty much explains it all.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS