Thread: I feel bad for young, gullible drummers

User Info Menu

Default I feel bad for young, gullible drummers

I feel sorry for gullible people. I have seen an advertisement from a drummer who says he was fired from a big time gig, and if you will pay him around $800 he will tell you how not to get fired from any gig. The sad thing is I know a few drummers in the industry who have called this guy out for being a fraud, yet there are still people gullible enough to pay the money for his "system"...
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Re: I feel bad for young, gullible drummers

Seems to me, if you need advice on how to “NOT” get fired from a job, you either (A) are better off not having a job, or (B) are destined to be scammed by someone.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    Seems to me, if you need advice on how to “NOT” get fired from a job, you either (A) are better off not having a job, or (B) are destined to be scammed by someone.
    Brian, there's a sucker born every 1.2 nano seconds. That means that since I started typing this post, there have been 276,000,000 suckers born. Several will pay the $800. The rest will buy land 750 miles due east of The Bahamas and will notice that they have great sewage. kay-gee will make a fortune running sight-seeing trips out there.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

The bottom line is that anybody that has/writes a how to anything, show them how to shove it up......................................somewhere.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

So this guy is selling a system that guarantees you will never be fired from a gig. I find it impossible not to notice that his system obviously doesn't work - he was fired. Going to this guy for advice about how not to be fired from gigs makes as much sense as asking a fat guy for diet tips.

User Info Menu

The ironic part is he is based out of Nashville, and I have seen other Nashville drummers call him out as a fraud on social media. It's quite comical to say the least.
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

The sad part is he’s probably making more money off his “advice” than he did as a drummer...
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    The sad part is he’s probably making more money off his “advice” than he did as a drummer...
    But if you think about it, you can probably make more money flipping burgers than drumming anyway, so in fact, the dudes brilliant!

all the best...

User Info Menu

I'm going to make a post in response.... For $800 I will gladly slap you in the face to keep you in reality

User Info Menu

I figured why pay this 800 to find out how not to get fired. All you have to do is get fired once and you will learn for the next time how to not get fired for free. lol

User Info Menu

Have you ever been fired for anything?

Well, don't do that. That'll be $800

User Info Menu

I thought this was more about buying the latest and greatest gear. It's funny that we as drummers know you can achieve great success with [almost] any equipment i.e. cheap sticks or snare etc but when it comes to something a person is unfamiliar with the first choice would be the most expensive product. Unless I ever get a Regal Tip endorsement I guess I'll keep using my Power Pros...
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrumWhipper View Post
    I feel sorry for gullible people. I have seen an advertisement from a drummer who says he was fired from a big time gig, and if you will pay him around $800 he will tell you how not to get fired from any gig. The sad thing is I know a few drummers in the industry who have called this guy out for being a fraud, yet there are still people gullible enough to pay the money for his "system"...
    I'll tell you how to not get fired for $600.00

User Info Menu

I'll go the other route. I'll tell you how to get fired quickly so you won't have to worry or wonder if you are going to get fired.

Cost: $4.95 S&H $795.05

VAE VICTIS

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

hes a televangelist for drummers ..