Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IEM's

User Info Menu

Default IEM's

Pretty sure it's been discussed, but, I can't find the thread(s).

I've used IEM's in studio, but, not for gigging and I'm getting tired of hauling monitors to gigs. Looking at the Shure PSM300. Seems reasonable for the price. Any other suggestions? TIA.

User Info Menu

Default Re: IEM's

The Sennheiser EW300 G3 are pretty good, about the same as the Shure PSM300. I've used both, and my guitarist just bought a PSM300 for the summer season. Once you get to that level of transmitter receiver the difference in quality and useability is in the earphones. You can spend a fortune on them, There is a law of diminishing returns. Once you get to Ultimate Ears' UE6Pro ($700) I can't imagine that there's much sonic or ergonomic improvement to merit more cost.
    Cut it large and kick it into place!

User Info Menu

I have the 300's
    They work great for me!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    I have the 300's
    They work great for me!

GAK!!!!! Which brand? LOL

They both have 300 in the model number.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post

Pick 1, you will have a 50/50 chance of being right.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    Pick 1, you will have a 50/50 chance of being right.
    You have me overrated. No matter which direction I choose, I'm never right. That's probably why I have more than one of everything.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Sorry I have the SHURE IEMs.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    Sorry I have the SHURE IEMs.
    Yeah, sure!

Thanks.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

You have me overrated. No matter which direction I choose, I'm never right. That's probably why I have more than one of everything.
    I wouldn't tell that to Mrs Bish. She might not be too happy to hear/read that. Sleep on your stomach and have nightmares about Loreena Bobbitt.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

I wouldn't tell that to Mrs Bish. She might not be too happy to hear/read that. Sleep on your stomach and have nightmares about Loreena Bobbitt.
    Glad to say that's the one area I can claim one and done. 39 years this September. Not shopping and hopefully neither is she.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

39 years this September.
    Very cool. It was 38 years for Mrs. Pocket and me this past Thursday.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    Very cool. It was 38 years for Mrs. Pocket and me this past Thursday.
    Congrats! We are few and far between!

Stay in the pocket, my friend. Yeah, I went there....
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Congrats! We are few and far between!

Stay in the pocket, my friend. Yeah, I went there....
    Yep, sadly not the norm it today's world.

User Info Menu

Ended up going with the Shure P9HW with the SE425 earphones. Hope I like 'em cuz it wasn't cheap. Arrived today.

User Info Menu

Just went back and looked at this thread. 38 years, 39 years. I broke out my old sliderule and with a little trick mathematics I came to this formula:

At my going rate, I would need to have 8 wives to reach 38-39 years of marriage. The formula is, x (the # of wives I would need) y ( the amount of Johnny Walker needed) a (the amount of money I don't have to afford 8 wives). So it comes down to this: x-a (a+y) y becomes a variable depending on how each wife is to deal with.

So a note to myself: RICK, YOU IDIOT, STAY SINGLE AND GO FIND A VILLAGE THAT MIGHT BE LOOKING FOR YOU.

VAE VICTIS

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Just went back and looked at this thread. 38 years, 39 years. I broke out my old sliderule and with a little trick mathematics I came to this formula:

At my going rate, I would need to have 8 wives to reach 38-39 years of marriage. The formula is, x (the # of wives I would need) y ( the amount of Johnny Walker needed) a (the amount of money I don't have to afford 8 wives). So it comes down to this: x-a (a+y) y becomes a variable depending on how each wife is to deal with.

So a note to myself: RICK, YOU IDIOT, STAY SINGLE AND GO FIND A VILLAGE THAT MIGHT BE LOOKING FOR YOU.
    Drunk Drumchatting again??

User Info Menu

Beat you all, the wife and I celebrated 41 years in June and been together for 44 years. Years sure fly lol.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    Beat you all, the wife and I celebrated 41 years in June and been together for 44 years. Years sure fly lol.
    Congrats!! That is spectacular.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    Do you let her out of the trunk once in a while for potty breaks?
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Drunk Drumchatting again??
    Do you think I could come up with a complicated formula like that if I were under the affluence of inkyhol?

I'm not really cut out for marriage. My mother said to me decades ago, " as my son I love you, as a man, you sure are a pain in the a$$". I think she hit the nail on the head with that.

There are a lot of good things to be said about marriage. The problem is that I can't think of 1.

After being married twice, I said if I ever do it again I'm going to change the wording from "till death do us part" to "can we make it to Tuesday?"

VAE VICTIS

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

You just have to choose wisely. I almost had two others before I found the right one. The first one wanted to get married and I didn't want her to. The second one told me I didn't pay enough attention to her, or something like that, I don't know exactly - I wasn't really listening. Then I got lucky and found Mrs. G-man.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by G-man View Post
    You just have to choose wisely. I almost had two others before I found the right one. The first one wanted to get married and I didn't want her to. The second one told me I didn't pay enough attention to her, or something like that, I don't know exactly - I wasn't really listening. Then I got lucky and found Mrs. G-man.
    I had 2 also. The 1st 1 I should have never let go, she was THE 1. (She's the girl in my Deja Vu post from last year) Had there been no #1, the 2nd, which I moved to Dallas to live with and flew to our gigs, I would have married without hesitation even though I was 35 and she was 22 and fresh out of college.

It was another time my brilliance shone through and I picked door #3. I married Sybil, the women who made the woman in Fatal Attraction look like Laura Petrie.

VAE VICTIS

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Maiden voyage for the EIM's tonight. Thankfully, we've been hiring production the last couple of gigs so it won't be me blowing my own ears out.

User Info Menu

Maiden voyage for the EIM's tonight. Thankfully, we've been hiring production the last couple of gigs so it won't be me blowing my own ears out.
    Mine is tomorrow night. Hope it works as expected.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Mine is tomorrow night. Hope it works as expected.
    Worked out great. Can't see ever going back.