Thread: From Polkas... to Wipeout....

User Info Menu

Default From Polkas... to Wipeout....

So last night the little lady and I went out to watch my dad's Polka band playing in town. Of course he throws me up on stage to play a couple of songs here or there. Well... tonight some guys in the crowd did the FreeBird of drum songs.... he yells "WIPEOUT"

So my dad calls me up on stage and well... here's some wipeout for you!

See I don't always need my big kits! here's a 1 tom kit!

User Info Menu

Default Re: From Polkas... to Wipeout....

Awesome, LOL.
    Was there anything left of the poor drummer’s sticks when you got done?
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    Awesome, LOL.
    yeah... my sweat

User Info Menu

Looks like you were playing with tree branches.
    Those were some long long sticks!
    FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes

User Info Menu

Awesome, LOL.
    There never is.

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    yeah... my sweat
    I didn't work that hard in 60 years of playing.

Quote Originally Posted by pgm554 View Post
    Looks like you were playing with tree branches.
    Those were some long long sticks!
    Those sticks were 3" shorter then when Zack started.

Wipeout with a accordion, that has to be a 1st!!!
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post

Wipeout with a accordion, that has to be a 1st!!!

You should hear when my dad wants to play Green Day "Basket Case" on his accordion.
    He LOVES playing that song with me on drums. He always announces the only band ever to play it on accordion.

User Info Menu

You should hear when my dad wants to play Green Day "Basket Case" on his accordion.
    He LOVES playing that song with me on drums. He always announces the only band ever to play it on accordion.
    Believe it or not, I played accordion for about 6 months when I was about 9. Got to where I could play "Beautiful Dreamer" on the small 1 they start you out with.

$0.50 for a 1 hour lesson.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

That was great, nice job. I always just assumed I could play that whole song because I can do the main lick but I recently learned the hard way to do the entire song takes some stamina and the lack thereof on my part starts to show about the 3rd go round : )... Back to the pad for some endurance exercises.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

There’s a local 3pc Polka band around here (or used to be) that plays nothing but classic, alternative and metal Rock songs. Three younger guys; accordion, tuba and drums. They’re pretty good and always draw a crowd. I’m always impressed with the tuba player. Just thinking about how much air he pushes through that thing during one song makes my lungs hurt, LOL.
    Eastern Nebraska has a huge population of Czech, German and Polish ancestry. 90% of the population’s last names end in “cek”.....or have 4 letters with no vowels, LOL.

(Heck I even grew up with a bunch of Zweifels.....now there’s a strange name )
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

There’s a local 3pc Polka band around here (or used to be) that plays nothing but classic, alternative and metal Rock songs. Three younger guys; accordion, tuba and drums. They’re pretty good and always draw a crowd. I’m always impressed with the tuba player. Just thinking about how much air he pushes through that thing during one song makes my lungs hurt, LOL.
    Eastern Nebraska has a huge population of Czech, German and Polish ancestry. 90% of the population’s last names end in “cek”.....or have 4 letters with no vowels, LOL.

Now there's a Irish name for you.

VAE VICTIS

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

My Great grandparents on my mother's side were from Lincoln, Nebraska. My Grandmother was one of 10 kids from a farm. They were Czech, they were immigrants. My Grandma, I think, was the only one out of the lot who moved to Southern California.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummerMD View Post
    My Great grandparents on my mother's side were from Lincoln, Nebraska. My Grandmother was one of 10 kids from a farm. They were Czech, they were immigrants. My Grandma, I think, was the only one out of the lot who moved to Southern California.
    I always wondered why once California was discovered, people even wanted to settle in all those other places.

all the best...

User Info Menu

Heard a lot of Wipeouts in my day but that was like...Just WOW!!!

all the best...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    Now there's a Irish name for you.
    Believe there was a character on Green Acres with that name.

all the best...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kay-gee View Post
    Heard a lot of Wipeouts in my day but that was like...Just WOW!!!

all the best...
    I will take that! Thank you very much!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kay-gee View Post
    I always wondered why once California was discovered, people even wanted to settle in all those other places.

all the best...
    Because someday California will be further out in the Pacific than Hawaii.

VAE VICTIS

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Maybe something about all the taxes.

New poll here in the bay area says about 46% of the folks living here want to leave California all together.

People living out of their cars and Winnebago's make for a not so great lifestyle.
    FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pgm554 View Post
    Maybe something about all the taxes.

New poll here in the bay area says about 46% of the folks living here want to leave California all together.

People living out of their cars and Winnebago's make for a not so great lifestyle.
    It's the countries worst state right now.
    Most homeless people in the country...
    You're either a millionaire or broke almost

User Info Menu

Working at a fast food joint like McDees or In and Out starting wages are $17 bucks an hour around here,but a one bedroom apt is like $2500 a month.