Thread: 4 Years

User Info Menu

Default 4 Years

4 years ago, at this time, which right now is 1:23AM, I was sound asleep in a hotel in Asheville NC.

I woke up about 2:30 and proceeded to scare the hell out of myself. I knew for over 2 months that I was going to have a triple bypass and I could have cared less, I even watched a triple bypass on you tube until I woke up roughly 4 hours before it was going to happen and it hit me what they were going to do, i.e, stop my heart, collapse my lungs, take a vein from the inner wall of my chest and 1 from my upper leg, bypass the blockages, jump start my heart, and send me on my way.

That was the plan.

Then, laying in bed,my mind took off on everything that could go wrong. My heart wouldn't re-start, I wouldn't be able to breathe, the doctor (Doogie Howser) would lose the instructions and have to try to Google them, a power outage and the backup generators wouldn't start. You think of everything that could go wrong.

I thought,"the hell with this, I'm going to call a cab and go home, I don't care what it costs". I saw the 4 Horsemen, the Grim Reaper, and my ex-wife Sybil go walking past. I had visions of Bish taking my drums and Zack taking my drumsticks and chewing them down to toothpicks. Tom writing my obituary and getting me mixed up with someone else.

I get to the "Pearly Gates" and St. Peter says " What the heck (St Peter doesn't say Hell, he just sends you there) are you doing here? Go to the elevator and push down, take a sandwich because it's a long ride to where you are going".

Now it's 4 years later and I'm still here. I was over there for a while but I liked it here better.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Default Re: 4 Years

please switch to the japanese oak sticks... they taste better

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    please switch to the japanese oak sticks... they taste better
    I'll have to look into them.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

"Here" is a better place with you in it, Rick. So is Drum Chat.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thunderstruck View Post
    "Here" is a better place with you in it, Rick. So is Drum Chat.

Thanks thunderstruck, it's always good to hear (read) from you, and I really appreciate what you said.

VAE VICTIS

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Speaking for myself, but I'm pretty sure we were all concerned and hoping for the best outcome before your surgery happened.

Glad you're still around and as entertaining as ever.

Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Speaking for myself, but I'm pretty sure we were all concerned and hoping for the best outcome before your surgery happened.

Glad you're still around and as entertaining as ever.

Thanks Bish. Like thunderstruck, I deeply appreciate what you said. It means a lot to me.
    Last edited by rickthedrummer; 06-14-2018 at 02:18 AM.

VAE VICTIS

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

I know post is old but Glad your still here.I myself know what its like . I got bit by tick and ended up with mild stroke and heart attack. Just from that dam little tick. I'm doing ok now So as I said glad your here and not there.
    So whats so wrong with laughing. Some need to learn to laugh

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by not him View Post
    I know post is old but Glad your still here.I myself know what its like . I got bit by tick and ended up with mild stroke and heart attack. Just from that dam little tick. I'm doing ok now So as I said glad your here and not there.
    No doubt about it, I'd rather be here than there, although I'm not really sure where "there" is.

VAE VICTIS

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by not him View Post
    Holy crap. You guys are scaring me. By-Pass surgeries, heart-attacks from a tick bite.....ex-wives visiting...

Glad you’re both here yet. Drummers are tough breed.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Glad you are still here Rick.
    Conrad

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CB700 View Post
    Glad you are still here Rick.
    Thanks CB, so am I.

VAE VICTIS

WILL ROGERS