Thread: Nothing like a father son jam session

User Info Menu

Default Nothing like a father son jam session

So my 8 year old has been taking guitar for 6 months and is at the point where he can read music and play some basic songs. I brought all of his gear and his guitar book down to the basement and had him play his songs from this week's lesson while I kept time with a simple beat on the kit, and he had a blast! we played for 15-20 minutes and he was smiling the whole time. He does this with my older son on drums as well, but this was the first time I got to sit in on the fun. Really awesome feeling!
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal

User Info Menu

Default Re: Nothing like a father son jam session

WTG, dad!

What a great feeling when your kids start to engage. Just wonderful!!!!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Outstanding!

User Info Menu

That is fantastic.

User Info Menu

This is the best feeling in the world. Making music with your kids is what life is all about.
    Cut it large and kick it into place!