Thread: A Thought After 4 Years

User Info Menu

Default A Thought After 4 Years

I was sitting here running through various posts on DC. I was thinking about the fact that it has been 4 years since that surgery and that, at some point in time, somebody on here will go through the same thing. If there is somebody out there (so that's where "there" is. Somewhere out...............there.) facing a heart surgery:

1) DO NOT get all wound up about it, be glad they caught it in time. I scared myself that night thinking of all the things that could go wrong, and wasted 3 hours sleep for nothing.

2) IT'S A BAG OF SHELLS, seriously, it is so routine that the doctor that did mine, does about 8 a week.

3) You will have some pain, can't get away from the fact that they cut through your breastbone so hold on to that pillow they give you for when you cough and press it against your chest. I didn't the 1st time I coughed and yelled bloody murder. Lesson learned. They will give you oxycodone for the pain which is nowhere near what I thought it would be. They sent me home with 90 oxycodone pills and there are 61 still in the container.

4) They will tell you to take a little walk every day. Do it

5) You will relax a lot for the 1st couple of weeks, so have a couple of books on hand. After the 1st 2 weeks, bring a blonde, your problem is over.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Default Re: A Thought After 4 Years

Thanks for sharing.

User Info Menu

c9aba642-362a-4199-98ae-f14e5683b160.jpg

This is the fun you can have if you live on burgers, pizza, beer, and 2 packs of smokes a day for around 50 years. That scar now is so "nothing" that I look in the mirror and I have to really look to find it. The 3 tubes that were in me when I was taken to ICU, where you spend about 3 days, and that the nurses say to be very careful and not move them or bang into anything. Then the doctor comes up and pulls them out like he's starting a lawn mower. I told him that they make sure you are out cold before they wheel you into the op room so you don't see the how to instructions taped to the ceiling.

A few ladies here and there probably didn't help much either. The fact that I married 2 of them (especially Sybil, wife # 2, who gave new meaning to the word psycho. If you look psycho up in the encyclopedia, her picture is next to it).

I wanted to have a nice wedding and a week in the Bahamas, she said we should put the $ into the new place we were moving to. We were married by a judge in Jersey City. When the judge got to that line "till death do you part", I was thinking, "let's get through the 1st year before we start thinking about making it to death".

My old guitar player still says that I should write a book about my life. I told him that with 71 1/2 years on this planet, 5 years might be interesting, 5 years might be a little interesting, the remaining 61 1/2 years are boring, like watching paint dry.

The 3 years with Sybil would read like the Exorcist, which, I thought about getting 1 a few times because she could make Linda Blair seem like Sally Field.

C'est la vie

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Now that's an awesome photo!

User Info Menu

thROL1SAGN.jpg

Zack, now that's a awesome picture. Most ladies don't look like that after 3 kids. Megan Fox is still walking napalm.

The other picture is just a old guy with a hole in his chest.

VAE VICTIS

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    Well....looky there; she even comes with instructions printed right there on her side! Or maybe it’s the Surgeon General’s warning?
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

megan-fox-at-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-2-movie-set-in-new-york-06-29-2015_1.jpg

Megan Fox should come with a complete set of instructions and a fire extinguisher. I know that she is a bit off the wall, but I don't think that anyone can deny that she is a gorgeous woman. 859e1-megan_fox_6.jpg

The 1st time I saw her was in Transformers. Talking to a friend the next day and mentioning that I had watched Transformers, he asked what I thought about the CGI with the giant robots, I was like, "there were giant robots in the movie"? When she was in a scene, it was kind of hard to take your eyes off of her.

VAE VICTIS

WILL ROGERS