Thread: World Cup 2018 fans?

User Info Menu

Default World Cup 2018 fans?

So I know in the states not to many care for Soccer which is unfortunate IMO.

But tomorrow is kick off for the World Cup in Russia! (super exciting as it's also my birthday)

I'm a die hard Germany fan..
    got my 2018 Jersey in today!!!
    I'm so excited

Hopefully we can be the second team ever to pull off consecutive wins!

User Info Menu

Default Re: World Cup 2018 fans?

I don't mind a good soccer game every once in a while....................not a fan enough to know teams and records, etc.
    BUT........................with the College World Series and the US Open this weekend, ain't nobody watchin no soccer.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

"I'm a die hard Germany fan..
    I'm so excited"

Don't take much to get to you, does it Zack?

I have never watched a soccer game in my life. Actually, the same goes for hockey. I'll watch a basketball game if the only alternative is Hee Haw reruns.

Seriously, I just never could get into soccer or hockey. I can watch curling. The 2 people with the brooms just makes me wonder who the hell thought that "sport" up.

I can watch golf if there is a few players close in the 4th round. If someone is ahead by 18 strokes, I don't bother.

Anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY my friend, and I'll have some scotch and wish you many more.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    "I'm a die hard Germany fan..
    I'm so excited"

Don't take much to get to you, does it Zack?

I have never watched a soccer game in my life. Actually, the same goes for hockey. I'll watch a basketball game if the only alternative is Hee Haw reruns.

Seriously, I just never could get into soccer or hockey. I can watch curling. The 2 people with the brooms just makes me wonder who the hell thought that "sport" up.

I can watch golf if there is a few players close in the 4th round. If someone is ahead by 18 strokes, I don't bother.

Anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY my friend, and I'll have some scotch and wish you many more.
    hahahah thank you sir! I'll also make sure to have some scotch in your name this weekend while I celebrate.
    Doing a double whammy... Birthday/Bachelor party saturday.

User Info Menu

Is soccer a sport? For those about to slay me.....it's a joke. I've found that having to explain humor is sometimes a necessity here.

User Info Menu

^^^ hahahahaha

User Info Menu

I’m a MASSIVE soccer fan. Watching Russia v Saudi Arabia right now. I still can’t believe italy didn’t qualify. Their coach was a stupid clown.
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    Is soccer a sport? For those about to slay me.....it's a joke. I've found that having to explain humor is sometimes a necessity here.
    From what I've seen of soccer, it just seems like it has no direction. In football, you try to go from your 20 yard line to your opponents goal line. There is a certain logic in that. Soccer, it appears, they just kick the ball anyplace on the field just to see what happens. It also appears that they can't pick the ball up and run with it, but they can hit it with other parts of their bodies and, I guess, hope that it goes in the right direction, which doesn't seem to happen often as seen by the scores which are usually 1-0, or 2-1 after running around for 90 minutes. They don't have scores like 35-28, which seems to only happen in football. It's kind of like bumper cars without the bumper cars.

I'll take curling which seems to be all offense and no defense. When it's 1 teams turn, they slide that stone and hope that the 2 people with the brooms can guide it into the bullseye, and the other team can do nothing but watch. There is no bloodshed, nobody gets carted off a curling "field" with a concussion. It's all very civilized.

Of course you can go to some bars where the local sport is big people throwing little people as far as they can, kind of like the shot put for drunks.

In my younger days, my favorite "sport" was sitting around the hotel pool with a beer and my binoculars checking out the bikini chicks. I think that that is a sport. I don't know if it has a official name, but voyeurism sounds about right.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by FlyByNight View Post
    I’m a MASSIVE soccer fan. Watching Russia v Saudi Arabia right now. I still can’t believe italy didn’t qualify. Their coach was a stupid clown.
    What a blow out! 5-0!
    And to end it on a free kick was ridiculous!
    Great start to the world cup.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    Yup that’s how it is. Anything to get a free kick or a yellow card for the other team. Every team is guilty of it. Some of them are pretty hilarious.

-Mike

User Info Menu

From what I've seen of soccer, it just seems like it has no direction. In football, you try to go from your 20 yard line to your opponents goal line. There is a certain logic in that. Soccer, it appears, they just kick the ball anyplace on the field just to see what happens. It also appears that they can't pick the ball up and run with it, but they can hit it with other parts of their bodies and, I guess, hope that it goes in the right direction, which doesn't seem to happen often as seen by the scores which are usually 1-0, or 2-1 after running around for 90 minutes. They don't have scores like 35-28, which seems to only happen in football. It's kind of like bumper cars without the bumper cars.

I'll take curling which seems to be all offense and no defense. When it's 1 teams turn, they slide that stone and hope that the 2 people with the brooms can guide it into the bullseye, and the other team can do nothing but watch. There is no bloodshed, nobody gets carted off a curling "field" with a concussion. It's all very civilized.

Of course you can go to some bars where the local sport is big people throwing little people as far as they can, kind of like the shot put for drunks.

In my younger days, my favorite "sport" was sitting around the hotel pool with a beer and my binoculars checking out the bikini chicks. I think that that is a sport. I don't know if it has a official name, but voyeurism sounds about right.
    Rick you should consider watching a World Cup game. It is the world’s most popular sport after all.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Yup that’s how it is. Anything to get a free kick or a yellow card for the other team. Every team is guilty of it. Some of them are pretty hilarious.

User Info Menu

Rick you should consider watching a World Cup game. It is the world’s most popular sport after all.
    Mike, that is never going to happen. I know it's the most popular sport in the world, but, I (1 Have absolutely no idea who's playing, nor do I care, 2 When I said I would watch curling, I was being totally serious. I don't watch the whole competition from beginning to end, but watching those 2 people with the brooms I find interesting to a point. I don't know which teams are playing (Winter Olympics, for instance) nor do I care who wins the overall competition. If it's on, I can watch it for about as long as it takes me to drink a beer. I do wonder who came up with it, but about all I know for sure is that it probably didn't originate in Florida.

All the above holds true for hockey.

VAE VICTIS

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Zack, I’m sure you’re as surprised as I am today for Germany!

-Mike

User Info Menu

Zack, I’m sure you’re as surprised as I am today for Germany!
    surprised is definitely not the word I'd use.... but yes I'm very surprised and saddened by today's game.
    That didn't look anything like the team I know... horrible horrible defense.
    I blame Boateng for a lot of the sloppy defense. He looked awful

User Info Menu

User Info Menu