Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: World Cup 2018 fans?

  1. #1

    User Info Menu

    Default World Cup 2018 fans?

    So I know in the states not to many care for Soccer which is unfortunate IMO.

    But tomorrow is kick off for the World Cup in Russia! (super exciting as it's also my birthday)

    I'm a die hard Germany fan..
    got my 2018 Jersey in today!!!
    I'm so excited

    Hopefully we can be the second team ever to pull off consecutive wins!
    12pc Yamaha Maple Custom Vintage (23pc in total) | 12pc PDP X7 | 9pc Ludwig Jr. | 8pc Pork Pie ZebraWood | 6pc Sonor | 4pc Ddrum Dominion | 5pc Orbitone |4pc Sonor Martini | 50 Snare drums and growing!

  2. #2

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: World Cup 2018 fans?

    I don't mind a good soccer game every once in a while....................not a fan enough to know teams and records, etc.
    BUT........................with the College World Series and the US Open this weekend, ain't nobody watchin no soccer.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)


  3. #3

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: World Cup 2018 fans?

    "I'm a die hard Germany fan..
    got my 2018 Jersey in today!!!
    I'm so excited"


    Don't take much to get to you, does it Zack?

    I have never watched a soccer game in my life. Actually, the same goes for hockey. I'll watch a basketball game if the only alternative is Hee Haw reruns.

    Seriously, I just never could get into soccer or hockey. I can watch curling. The 2 people with the brooms just makes me wonder who the hell thought that "sport" up.

    I can watch golf if there is a few players close in the 4th round. If someone is ahead by 18 strokes, I don't bother.

    Anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY my friend, and I'll have some scotch and wish you many more.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

    YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

  4. #4

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: World Cup 2018 fans?

    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    "I'm a die hard Germany fan..
    got my 2018 Jersey in today!!!
    I'm so excited"


    Don't take much to get to you, does it Zack?

    I have never watched a soccer game in my life. Actually, the same goes for hockey. I'll watch a basketball game if the only alternative is Hee Haw reruns.

    Seriously, I just never could get into soccer or hockey. I can watch curling. The 2 people with the brooms just makes me wonder who the hell thought that "sport" up.

    I can watch golf if there is a few players close in the 4th round. If someone is ahead by 18 strokes, I don't bother.

    Anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY my friend, and I'll have some scotch and wish you many more.
    hahahah thank you sir! I'll also make sure to have some scotch in your name this weekend while I celebrate.
    Doing a double whammy... Birthday/Bachelor party saturday.
    12pc Yamaha Maple Custom Vintage (23pc in total) | 12pc PDP X7 | 9pc Ludwig Jr. | 8pc Pork Pie ZebraWood | 6pc Sonor | 4pc Ddrum Dominion | 5pc Orbitone |4pc Sonor Martini | 50 Snare drums and growing!

  5. #5

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: World Cup 2018 fans?

    Is soccer a sport? For those about to slay me.....it's a joke. I've found that having to explain humor is sometimes a necessity here.

  6. #6

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: World Cup 2018 fans?

    ^^^ hahahahaha
    12pc Yamaha Maple Custom Vintage (23pc in total) | 12pc PDP X7 | 9pc Ludwig Jr. | 8pc Pork Pie ZebraWood | 6pc Sonor | 4pc Ddrum Dominion | 5pc Orbitone |4pc Sonor Martini | 50 Snare drums and growing!

  7. #7

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: World Cup 2018 fans?

    I’m a MASSIVE soccer fan. Watching Russia v Saudi Arabia right now. I still can’t believe italy didn’t qualify. Their coach was a stupid clown.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

    -Mike

  8. #8

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: World Cup 2018 fans?

    Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    Is soccer a sport? For those about to slay me.....it's a joke. I've found that having to explain humor is sometimes a necessity here.
    From what I've seen of soccer, it just seems like it has no direction. In football, you try to go from your 20 yard line to your opponents goal line. There is a certain logic in that. Soccer, it appears, they just kick the ball anyplace on the field just to see what happens. It also appears that they can't pick the ball up and run with it, but they can hit it with other parts of their bodies and, I guess, hope that it goes in the right direction, which doesn't seem to happen often as seen by the scores which are usually 1-0, or 2-1 after running around for 90 minutes. They don't have scores like 35-28, which seems to only happen in football. It's kind of like bumper cars without the bumper cars.

    I'll take curling which seems to be all offense and no defense. When it's 1 teams turn, they slide that stone and hope that the 2 people with the brooms can guide it into the bullseye, and the other team can do nothing but watch. There is no bloodshed, nobody gets carted off a curling "field" with a concussion. It's all very civilized.

    Of course you can go to some bars where the local sport is big people throwing little people as far as they can, kind of like the shot put for drunks.

    In my younger days, my favorite "sport" was sitting around the hotel pool with a beer and my binoculars checking out the bikini chicks. I think that that is a sport. I don't know if it has a official name, but voyeurism sounds about right.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

    YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

  9. #9

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: World Cup 2018 fans?

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyByNight View Post
    I’m a MASSIVE soccer fan. Watching Russia v Saudi Arabia right now. I still can’t believe italy didn’t qualify. Their coach was a stupid clown.
    What a blow out! 5-0!
    And to end it on a free kick was ridiculous!
    Great start to the world cup.
    12pc Yamaha Maple Custom Vintage (23pc in total) | 12pc PDP X7 | 9pc Ludwig Jr. | 8pc Pork Pie ZebraWood | 6pc Sonor | 4pc Ddrum Dominion | 5pc Orbitone |4pc Sonor Martini | 50 Snare drums and growing!

  10. #10

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: World Cup 2018 fans?


  11. #11

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: World Cup 2018 fans?

    Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    Yup that’s how it is. Anything to get a free kick or a yellow card for the other team. Every team is guilty of it. Some of them are pretty hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

    -Mike

  12. #12

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: World Cup 2018 fans?

    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    From what I've seen of soccer, it just seems like it has no direction. In football, you try to go from your 20 yard line to your opponents goal line. There is a certain logic in that. Soccer, it appears, they just kick the ball anyplace on the field just to see what happens. It also appears that they can't pick the ball up and run with it, but they can hit it with other parts of their bodies and, I guess, hope that it goes in the right direction, which doesn't seem to happen often as seen by the scores which are usually 1-0, or 2-1 after running around for 90 minutes. They don't have scores like 35-28, which seems to only happen in football. It's kind of like bumper cars without the bumper cars.

    I'll take curling which seems to be all offense and no defense. When it's 1 teams turn, they slide that stone and hope that the 2 people with the brooms can guide it into the bullseye, and the other team can do nothing but watch. There is no bloodshed, nobody gets carted off a curling "field" with a concussion. It's all very civilized.

    Of course you can go to some bars where the local sport is big people throwing little people as far as they can, kind of like the shot put for drunks.

    In my younger days, my favorite "sport" was sitting around the hotel pool with a beer and my binoculars checking out the bikini chicks. I think that that is a sport. I don't know if it has a official name, but voyeurism sounds about right.
    Rick you should consider watching a World Cup game. It is the world’s most popular sport after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

    -Mike

  13. #13

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: World Cup 2018 fans?

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyByNight View Post
    Yup that’s how it is. Anything to get a free kick or a yellow card for the other team. Every team is guilty of it. Some of them are pretty hilarious.

  14. #14

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: World Cup 2018 fans?

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyByNight View Post
    Rick you should consider watching a World Cup game. It is the world’s most popular sport after all.
    Mike, that is never going to happen. I know it's the most popular sport in the world, but, I (1 Have absolutely no idea who's playing, nor do I care, 2 When I said I would watch curling, I was being totally serious. I don't watch the whole competition from beginning to end, but watching those 2 people with the brooms I find interesting to a point. I don't know which teams are playing (Winter Olympics, for instance) nor do I care who wins the overall competition. If it's on, I can watch it for about as long as it takes me to drink a beer. I do wonder who came up with it, but about all I know for sure is that it probably didn't originate in Florida.

    All the above holds true for hockey.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

    YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

  15. #15

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: World Cup 2018 fans?

    Zack, I’m sure you’re as surprised as I am today for Germany!
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

    -Mike

  16. #16

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: World Cup 2018 fans?

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyByNight View Post
    Zack, I’m sure you’re as surprised as I am today for Germany!
    surprised is definitely not the word I'd use.... but yes I'm very surprised and saddened by today's game.
    That didn't look anything like the team I know... horrible horrible defense.
    I blame Boateng for a lot of the sloppy defense. He looked awful
    12pc Yamaha Maple Custom Vintage (23pc in total) | 12pc PDP X7 | 9pc Ludwig Jr. | 8pc Pork Pie ZebraWood | 6pc Sonor | 4pc Ddrum Dominion | 5pc Orbitone |4pc Sonor Martini | 50 Snare drums and growing!

  17. #17

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: World Cup 2018 fans?


  18. #18

    User Info Menu


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •