Thread: Press kits

User Info Menu

Default Press kits

What all is in your bands press kit? What did it cost to have it done?

If you're an "independent" drummer that contracts out to various bands/artists, what is in your press kit?
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Re: Press kits

What’s a press kit????

(I’m guessing mine is empty)
    Last edited by N2Bluz; 07-05-2018 at 10:20 PM.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Never heard of a press kit please can you show pic.

User Info Menu

Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

I see now but I hate electronics gadgets too complicated for me I am old school.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I see now but I hate electronics gadgets too complicated for me I am old school.
    Around here everyone wants an EPK unless they have already seen your band play and know what you're about.

User Info Menu

Sorry, I do not play in a band and haven't in 40 years lol. I am only a soloist drummer. Drumming is only a hobby now. Went through years of band BS and went into a more secure career in the construction business.

User Info Menu

This is the first I’ve ever heard or seen them. I must say, I like the idea. I may have to look into it.
    -Brian

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    This is the first I’ve ever heard or seen them. I must say, I like the idea. I may have to look into it.
    They are great to send out to festival promoters. One of the bands I play with from time to time uses their ReverbNation page as their EPK. They have five studio cuts, a few youtube videos, info on the band, etc. on the page.

User Info Menu

What’s a press kit????

(I’m guessing mine is empty)
    Really? How do you get good gigs?????

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    Have a good band. Word gets around.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    Have a good band. Word gets around.
    Around here they don’t care who you are, they still want an EPK.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    Well.....we don’t, LOL. I guess it depends on what constitutes a “good” gig. We’re just a weekend bar band. Word-of-mouth does go a long way as well.
    Typically, if I’m trying to book a new venue, I’ll just do the old face-to-face sales thing. If they’re interested, I send them a link to our FB Page. That shows everything about where we’ve played, how we present ourselves to the public and how we interact with our followers. Plus, it’s a real-world representation.
    -Brian

User Info Menu

Well.....we don’t, LOL. I guess it depends on what constitutes a “good” gig. We’re just a weekend bar band. Word-of-mouth does go a long way as well.
    Typically, if I’m trying to book a new venue, I’ll just do the old face-to-face sales thing. If they’re interested, I send them a link to our FB Page. That shows everything about where we’ve played, how we present ourselves to the public and how we interact with our followers. Plus, it’s a real-world representation.
    That’s cool. I wish it were that easy around here.

User Info Menu

"I guess it depends on what constitutes a “good” gig."

A good gig is 1 where you walk away with more money than you spent on gas and your time.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    "I guess it depends on what constitutes a “good” gig."

A good gig is 1 where you walk away with more money than you spent on gas and your time.
    By that definition, I’m not sure I’ve EVER played a good gig. I’ve made enough to cover gas, beer & food....but if I figure in the 6-8hrs of time spent per average gig, it gets pretty sad, LOL.
    I guess my criteria for a good gig would be playing in a venue noted for live music...where the crowd shows up, gets into your music and appreciates it. They clap and cheer, sing along, dance, buy the band beers and gather on stage during breaks to talk. One time, while I was on stage talking to the bar owner, a rather hot 30yr old woman came up out of the blue and planted a kiss on me, then walked away.
    That’s a good gig in my book, LOL
    -Brian

User Info Menu

"a rather hot 30yr old woman came up out of the blue and planted a kiss on me, then walked away."

I considered it a great gig if they took me home with them then bought me breakfast.

VAE VICTIS

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

i honestly just refer to facebook and soundcloud ..

little bit of history and that's about it ..some photos etc

remember that old fart promoters still need CD's etc

User Info Menu

Bio of band, bio's of players, photos, video, sound files etc...
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN