Thread: Pics of my kit and Gong cymbal and stand I made.

User Info Menu

Default Pics of my kit and Gong cymbal and stand I made.

Here's a few pics of my superstar kit and the gong cymbal and stand I made.. This was that Chinese serving tray I had bought a while back... I wore blisters on my hands but I beat that thing into submission and now it's a gong.. Not as loud as I would like it to be but a gong none the less..

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by wired; 07-08-2018 at 03:30 PM.
    I had a lot of time to think it over lying in this hospital bed...
    I monkeyed with another monkey's monkey
    And her gorilla whupped upon my head!~Johnny Paycheck

User Info Menu

Default Re: Pics of my kit and Gong cymbal and stand I made.

That looks cool!
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Thank you.. i have been buying different toms.. but I have sand them down and restain them to match the cherry wine.. the concert toms are imperial stars and I tore off the wrap but the wood underneath was never meant to see the light of day so lesson learned.. I'll redo them someday with a nice wood vineer and start over..Also I made a bracket coming off concert toms to support the legless hi hat stand.. I just started playing double bass and the pedal made me move the hi hats out further then what I like.. Not perfect but better now.

User Info Menu

Serving tray, what? That is Awesome!

User Info Menu

[IMG][/IMG] This what it use to look like. and I have no ideal what the Chinese writing says.. Probable some anti America China number 1 propaganda.... But thanks for the kind words glad you like it! :-)

User Info Menu

Nice! Gong looks good and stand as well. I bet if you made more stands like that one they'd sell quick.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Thanks Slinky.. Hope your doing good.. I remember you said you had some heart problems a few month back. My dad had a heart attack and had a stint put in.. I love blacksmithing work.. I make a lot of bowie knifes and sell them on ebay lol.. the twisted steel rope is pretty expensive.. couple of hundred dollars a stick. I would have to twisted it myself.. I guess i could come off a tractor pto or off of dad's old 54 ford pick up rear wheel lol.. takes some serious tork to twist 4 pieces of half inch round stock cold like that into a rope. If you were to try and heat it and then twist it would probably screw up, just not an easy task.. They got a monster machine that does that. gear reduction ect..But if anybody wants to make one or something similar you can go to Kings Supply and buy ready made scrolls and twisted everything.. Awesome store!

User Info Menu

Thank you wired! Yes I'm feeling good. Taking medications for it now and going to the gym regularly. Thank you for asking
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

much fancier than what I did for my gong lol

User Info Menu

Yeah but I wish I was the drummer you are! Spaz da man!
    I had a lot of time to think it over lying in this hospital bed...
    I monkeyed with another monkey's monkey
    And her gorilla whupped upon my head!~Johnny Paycheck