On Saturday, my band from the early 80s played its first gig in over 35 years. We have been rehearsing for a while, but we didn't know what to expect, either from our performance or the turnout. We were all very pleasantly surprised. The place was packed. There were people who came from out of state who used to come see us the first time around. Our wives, girlfriends, siblings, kids, nieces and nephews were there, who had never seen us play before. The response was overwhelming. The crowd NEVER stopped dancing. Everyone sang along. Even the kids who weren't alive when these songs came out knew EVERY word. We got through the gig without any major flubs, and the only issue was my bass pedal spring breaking, which sucked, but at least it happened at the end of the gig. When ended the last song the crowd demanded an encore. All in all it could hardly have gone better(except for the bass pedal - I will carry a spare spring from now on). All the guys from my other band were there and they were impressed.