Thread: Good Sound --- It's About Time

User Info Menu

Default Good Sound --- It's About Time

In 2013, I bought myself a birthday present -- a new Honda Pilot, 4WD Touring model.
    Perfect for hauling my drum-stuff and for taking vacations with all the junk my wife needs to take along.

This Pilot model is the top of the line and is fitted with a "premium sound" system.
    It sounds fine on the highs and mids but weak on the low end -- the so-called sub (8") has minimal "umph".

So last month I finally got around to adding an enclosed Rockford Fosgate 300W 12" powered sub to supplement the system..................awesome !
    You know those concerts you have been to wherein the sound system was so good you could feel the bass drum in your chest ?

g575P30012-o_angletop[1].jpg
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Default Re: Good Sound --- It's About Time

I bet that thing sounds and feels amazing! Very nice.

User Info Menu

Nice!
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Awesome!!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Cool

User Info Menu

I find it interesting how different production qualities exist among recordings.
    On some stuff, this sub makes the old bass sound clean and distinct...........separate..........nice.

Some songs have very low bass tracks that you would not even know exist on a "normal" system.
    Songs that have the bass already boosted don't sound good through this sub...................too boomy.

I was listening to old Styx yesterday and WOW...................suddenly MAN IN THE WILDERNESS is incredible !
    Excellent recording and performance on this song.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)