Thread: Mike MIley Drum Cam from Rival Sons Pressure and Time

User Info Menu

Default Mike MIley Drum Cam from Rival Sons Pressure and Time

One of my favorite bands and a really great drummer. Enjoy!
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal

User Info Menu

Default Re: Mike MIley Drum Cam from Rival Sons Pressure and Time

Never heard of him or them. Liked it very much. Thanks for posting.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

I, also, had never heard of him or them.

When it comes to drummers, I obviously look for different things than other drummers do. I want to see drummers that make me sit back and think,"WOW, that was cool", and go downstairs to my drums and see if I can figure what he was doing. He doesn't do that for me. I have to spot him the double BD, but everything else he did (including the solo in Helsinki) I was doing when I was 15-16 years old.

Growing up in the era that I did, I got to see Krupa at the Metropole Cafe around '64-'65, before it went to R&R and strippers. Being able to go to the Village Vangard on Monday's and see the Thad Jones-Mel Lewis Big Band, Max played a lot of different clubs in the NY area, Art Blakey, Chico Hamilton, Connie Kay with the MJQ, Buddy in both of his clubs, Morello with Brubek a couple of times, and Louie Bellson more than a few times.

When you have seen drummers like that live, in various clubs and concerts, it's hard to find someone that impresses me a lot.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    I, also, had never heard of him or them.

When it comes to drummers, I obviously look for different things than other drummers do. I want to see drummers that make me sit back and think,"WOW, that was cool", and go downstairs to my drums and see if I can figure what he was doing. He doesn't do that for me. I have to spot him the double BD, but everything else he did (including the solo in Helsinki) I was doing when I was 15-16 years old.

Growing up in the era that I did, I got to see Krupa at the Metropole Cafe around '64-'65, before it went to R&R and strippers. Being able to go to the Village Vangard on Monday's and see the Thad Jones-Mel Lewis Big Band, Max played a lot of different clubs in the NY area, Art Blakey, Chico Hamilton, Connie Kay with the MJQ, Buddy in both of his clubs, Morello with Brubek a couple of times, and Louie Bellson more than a few times.

When you have seen drummers like that live, in various clubs and concerts, it's hard to find someone that impresses me a lot.
    I have to agree with Rick. He didn't WOW me. Hey Rick did you ever hear of Shelly Mann. When I was young I went to work at night with my Grandfather, he wes V.P.at a studio in Hollywood and I got to meet him, it was pretty cool! Shelly was producing that night so he wasn't playing. I believe he also owned his own night club. 'Shelly's Man hole'.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummerMD View Post
    I have to agree with Rick. He didn't WOW me. Hey Rick did you ever hear of Shelly Mann. When I was young I went to work at night with my Grandfather, he wes V.P.at a studio in Hollywood and I got to meet him, it was pretty cool! Shelly was producing that night so he wasn't playing. I believe he also owned his own night club. 'Shelly's Man hole'.
    I hate to say this DMD, but I wasn't a fan of his.

We had a "conversation" almost 40 years ago about drummers and his attitude was like he was just killing time talking to me. I mentioned to him that I had read a review that he did in Downbeat magazine where he critiqued 1 of Buddy's albums. He said that he never had the feel to play like Buddy did, I told him that he never had that feel for 1 simple reason, he couldn't play like Buddy if his life depended on it. He called me a ********************* and walked away.

I never thought that he was as great a drummer as some people said he was, and that was before our "conversation".
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

I heard of them and remember a cool vid someone posted awhile back. It rocks!

User Info Menu

Awesome band. Been trying to figure out which of their tunes to cover. Vocals are rather demanding IMHO.