Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remember Ratt ?

User Info Menu

Default Remember Ratt ?

Anyone here remember the 80s metal glam-band RATT ?
    They had a few hits in their day.............and back then the drummer was Bobby Blotzer.

I just got word that my band will be the opening act for RATT at this year's state fair.......................should be fun.
    When I got the word and started looking around to see who is in the touring band, I noticed the drummer was Jimmy DeGrasso...................oh, man !
    I got excited to find this.................I saw DeGrasso one night when a friend dragged me to a Megadeth show and he was playing with Mustaine.
    Megadeth was OK that night but DeGrasso was a MACHINE................the guy is great.

So then I find the "official" website and find out that DeGrasso departed about 4 weeks ago.....................danggitt !
    The drummer for this tour will be Pete Holmes..............I am not familiar with this guy.

Our set at the fair will be only 45 minutes so it won't be hard to find enough material to "heavy" up the set-list.................I'll be working on it.
    I like it every once in a while when I can throw out all the dance-stuff we use in our club gigs and play just the heavy tunes -- looking forward to October.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Default Re: Remember Ratt ?

I remember them!
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Nice brother good luck with the gig and get pictures or it didn't happen.
    Conrad

User Info Menu

Hmmm....didn't realize that they were still around.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    Hmmm....didn't realize that they were still around.
    They are all still around and round : )
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    They are all still around and round : )
    Glad someone got it!!

User Info Menu

You can thank me later!

Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Uuuugh...I remember them. Back when my hair was down to the middle of my back and I could walk around in cutoff jeans and no shirt without being embarrassed. I think my best friend and I wore out a Ratt cassette tape, driving around town in his Turbo Trans Am, LOL.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Most of the original members aren't affiliated with the band anymore.

I had friends who were tight with the original band out of San Diego before they hit it.

The original guitar player died of AIDs.

Most of the other members were heroin and coke junkies.

Cliche rock and roll suicide.
    FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes

User Info Menu

My GF at the time really liked them. She got tickets and we went to see them somewhere in NY.
    She pulled me so we could get close to the stage. Their guitar player used to put spit on his finger and flick it into the crowd and the stupid young girls (sorry ladies, but it was only the girls) would stand there with their mouths open. I was standing behind my GF, who, thankfully, did not have her mouth open (if she did, I would have had to rethink that whole relationship) when he came to where we, and other girls were, wet his finger, and was going to flick it in our direction. I was the only guy in a group of about 15 girls. He was looking down at the girls and we made eye contact and I said "don't you f'n dare". He looked at me like I was psycho (at that time, he would have been correct), walked down about 10 ' and flicked it into a crowd of young girls.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

You have to check this out , very cool. Round and Round the grape vine.
    https://youtu.be/57SNPbxi0r0

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CB700 View Post
    Nice brother good luck with the gig and get pictures or it didn't happen.
    Thank you -- will do.

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    Uuuugh...I remember them. Back when my hair was down to the middle of my back and I could walk around in cutoff jeans and no shirt without being embarrassed. I think my best friend and I wore out a Ratt cassette tape, driving around town in his Turbo Trans Am, LOL.
    Yes -- lol -- I liked the Trans Am better.................

Quote Originally Posted by pgm554 View Post
    Most of the original members aren't affiliated with the band anymore.
    I had friends who were tight with the original band out of San Diego before they hit it.
    The original guitar player died of AIDs.
    Most of the other members were heroin and coke junkies.
    Cliche rock and roll suicide.
    The original vocalist, Stephen Pearcy, will be performing.
    I'm not certain about the others.

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    My GF at the time really liked them. She got tickets and we went to see them somewhere in NY.
    She pulled me so we could get close to the stage. Their guitar player used to put spit on his finger and flick it into the crowd and the stupid young girls (sorry ladies, but it was only the girls) would stand there with their mouths open. I was standing behind my GF, who, thankfully, did not have her mouth open (if she did, I would have had to rethink that whole relationship) when he came to where we, and other girls were, wet his finger, and was going to flick it in our direction. I was the only guy in a group of about 15 girls. He was looking down at the girls and we made eye contact and I said "don't you f'n dare". He looked at me like I was psycho (at that time, he would have been correct), walked down about 10 ' and flicked it into a crowd of young girls.
    I suspect this will not be going on at our gig...................gross.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian

User Info Menu

Cool show you got! I've always liked RATT saw them on their OOTC tour.

After RFTS I didn't pay much attention to them the self titled EP was pretty good too.

Pearcy can hardly sing anymore but if they can still make some money then why not. As for Blotz... I think him and Pearcy have had a few problems between themselves over the years
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Did Ratt and Poison ever play together?. . . . . .just wonder'in!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_88L-CU7PD4
    Last edited by drummerMD; 08-06-2018 at 05:03 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummerMD View Post
    Did Ratt and Poison ever play together?
    Actually, they did.
    I found this Under WORST ROCK BAND DOUBLE BILLS............EVER !

Ratt and Poison: An odd coincidence or the product of a booking agent with a sense of humor, 1987’s Ratt-Poison tour is a semantics and publicity nightmare. And predictably enough it drew barbs from music critics at newspapers all over the country, who were already more disposed to dig Elvis Costello than the leather clad likes of Warren DeMartini and Stephen Pearcy. This gem of a package toured the States in 1987, during the high reign of hair metal. Poison was a newcomer at the time, touring behind their debut album Look What the Cat Dragged In, a title that only made the pairing more awkward. And while Poison were riding high on their breakthrough hit “Talk Dirty To Me,” Ratt were past their prime, but still raking in lots of cheese on the arena circuit.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian

User Info Menu

The original drummer left due to a “lack of communication”. Then they made up “the morning after” and everything was cool and he came “ back for more”. Then he left again.
    I actually liked Bobby Blotzers drumming on their first album. I dont know why but i thought it was cool in a rock kind of way.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    And while Poison were riding high on their breakthrough hit “Talk Dirty To Me,” Ratt were past their prime, but still raking in lots of cheese on the arena circuit.
    If RATT was past their prime in 1987, I'm wondering what their music will sound like, and what their crowd-draw will be, next month.
    Should be a hoot.
    I'm working on our set-list as I write this -- I will soon post it here, at which all of you can throw comments, praise, or rotten tomatoes -- or rat-traps.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian

User Info Menu

All the bands in this genre (Winger, Dokken, Whitesnake, Night Ranger) met their demise when grunge rock became popular.

User Info Menu

My favorite cymbal is my Jimmy DeGrasso signature ride.

You should take it with you and have him sign it for me!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    All the bands in this genre (Winger, Dokken, Whitesnake, Night Ranger) met their demise when grunge rock became popular.
    Yeah not too many made it out of that are...Motley Crue survived but I cannot think of any others right now off the top of my head.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

N2Bluz nice nod on the Turbo T/A and we were all young once as far as no shirts.
    Conrad

User Info Menu

Speaking of Ratt,looks like they're up to their old tricks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEJt7JI8gYM

Not that I told you so ,but...
    FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pgm554 View Post
    Speaking of Ratt,looks like they're up to their old tricks.
    Not that I told you so ,but...
    Oh well......................
    My band is under contract to provide 45 minutes of rock music.
    We will have a great time irrespective of what the headliner does, or doesn't do, well.
    We have (IMHO) a kick-a$$ set-list and the only good-weather night of the week (this Wednesday).
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian

User Info Menu

As long as the check doesn't bounce you should be good.
    But if the lead singer does a Keith Moon,look out.

User Info Menu

Our payment has nothing to do with RATT or any previous performers.
    This concert will make the fourth time the State Fair has hired us.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian