Thread: More Pearls

User Info Menu

Default More Pearls

It is what it is................................................ ...........what is it????????????????????
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Default Re: More Pearls

Well played! I see the hands are as quick as ever.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thunderstruck View Post
    Well played! I see the hands are as quick as ever.
    The hands are slower than they were 10 years ago , but what really bothers me is my lack of endurance.

As usual, it's always good to hear from you.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    The hands are slower than they were 10 years ago , but what really bothers me is my lack of endurance.

As usual, it's always good to hear from you.
    What??? Lack of endurance???

Rick, you just stroked off more notes in 3 minutes that I play in an entire 4hr gig. I don’t think endurance is an issue for you

You got any videos of your old Ludwigs? I need some inspiration to finish the restoration on one of my ‘69/‘70 project kits!
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    What??? Lack of endurance???

Rick, you just stroked off more notes in 3 minutes that I play in an entire 4hr gig. I don’t think endurance is an issue for you

You got any videos of your old Ludwigs? I need some inspiration to finish the restoration on one of my ‘69/‘70 project kits!

These are the old Ludwigs (actually it's the same set, I just rewrapped them in 2015).

As for the endurance, I was 66 when I did that video, and even at that point I had lost 10-15% of the speed I had when I was 50. When I slowed down in that video, it was not because I had to, I was just thinking of what I was going to do next. The video I put up yesterday, I slowed down because I had to.

If you are wondering, the sizes are: 24x14 BD, 13x9 and 14x10 up toms, 16x16 and 18x16 floor toms. The toms over the floor toms are 14x10 and 15x12. The snare in the video is a Acrolite.

I have another BD, 24x14, and a 12, 13, 14 and another 16x16 FT. There is a video where I had 10 toms up at 1 time. I set them up like that once or twice a year just to mess around. You can see a couple of the other toms in the background.

VAE VICTIS

WILL ROGERS