Thread: One of the best “ good times bad times “ covers I’ve seen

User Info Menu

Default One of the best “ good times bad times “ covers I’ve seen

This is a drummer from england ( i think ), doing a cover of zeppelin’s good times bad times. This is the best cover of that song ive ever seen. Listen to some of his bass drum kicks..
    Opinions?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OeEdpZmv3S0

User Info Menu

Default Re: One of the best “ good times bad times “ covers I’ve seen

Yep, very well done.

User Info Menu

WOW, I struggle like all get out with those fast triplets on the right foot. Thats very impressive. I try slowing it down and doing it over and over but speeding up is a different technique and feel....The struggle is real my friends : )
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

This guy is obviously a very good drummer and just goes to show how competitive it is out there. And this guy isnt even famous.
    I think he is a session drummer. He is very talented.

User Info Menu

OK, so the guy did a good job on that song. It wasn't phenomenal. I say that knowing that you can't judge a player based on just one video of one song. That is misleading. There are plenty of "one trick ponies' out there and his "one trick" may be a quick right foot.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lexer View Post
    This guy is obviously a very good drummer and just goes to show how competitive it is out there. And this guy isnt even famous.
    I think he is a session drummer. He is very talented.
    Good!, but listen to Yoyoka (8 yr. old Japanese girl ) do the same song.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bslk...uFSuw_8QvxefeY Wait till she gets a little taller so she can reach the bass pedal better!
    Last edited by drummerMD; 08-08-2018 at 03:07 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    OK, so the guy did a good job on that song. It wasn't phenomenal. I say that knowing that you can't judge a player based on just one video of one song. That is misleading. There are plenty of "one trick ponies' out there and his "one trick" may be a quick right foot.
    Fair enough.. some of his other video’s i saw are less impressive. Its one thing to copy another artist and another to come up with cool licks from scratch.
    Last edited by Lexer; 08-08-2018 at 03:34 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lexer View Post
    Fair enough.. some of his other video’s i saw are less impressive. Its one thing to copy another artist and another to come up with cool licks from scratch.
    Very well said.

User Info Menu

That was really good Lexer.
    I think this one is hands down the best version of Achilles Last Stand out there I've seen.
    Last edited by Olimpass; 08-09-2018 at 01:51 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpass View Post
    That was really good Lexer.
    I think this one is hands down the best version of Achilles Last Stand out there I've seen.
    Love his vids. Too bad he doesn’t upload more
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

I don't mean to sound like a big headed a-hole here but I see nothing impressive in that video. I was playing that song note for note live in clubs back in 1982. If you're a serious drummer and you put in the time this song is not that difficult. And also I've been playing drums for over 40 years so it's going to take more than a Zeppelin tune to impress me I guess. We used to play Achilles also , way more of a challenge than good times.
    Last edited by NPYYZ; 08-09-2018 at 05:57 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NPYYZ View Post
    I don't mean to sound like a big headed a-hole here but I see nothing impressive in that video. I was playing that song note for note live in clubs back in 1982. If you're a serious drummer and you put in the time this song is not that difficult. And also I've been playing drums for over 40 years so it's going to take more than a Zeppelin tune to impress me I guess. We used to play Achilles also , way more of a challenge than good times.
    Well said. I was going to go down that road, but, apparently I don't need to fuel the fires about me being an a**hole so I was just trying to be nice. And to be honest, Achilles Last Stand is not all that difficult either.
    Last edited by inthpktplayer; 08-09-2018 at 06:55 AM.

User Info Menu

Well said. I was going to go down that road, but, apparently I don't need to fuel the fires about me being an a**hole so I was just trying to be nice. And to be honest, Achilles Last Stand is not all that difficult either.
    lol , it's not but it does have a couple more challenging fills. Oh and I'm done being nice. I'm telling it like it is from now on.

User Info Menu

lol , it's not but it does have a couple more challenging fills. Oh and I'm done being nice. I'm telling it like it is from now on.
    Good luck with that............it's gotten me kicked out of here twice.

User Info Menu

Good luck with that............it's gotten me kicked out of here twice.
    Wow...I was mentioning how good of a copy it was, maybe not how difficult or challenging it may be to you as a drummer.

User Info Menu

See what I mean NPYYZ?

User Info Menu

Bonham plays achilles last stand with such authority. I have heard many good drummers play that song but none can truly replicate that fill where Bonham goes around the drums, its as if he does it effortlessly.

User Info Menu

Well we all have different natural abilities so just because it is so simple for you does not mean it is that way for everyone. Love to see a slowed down version of the bass drum technique you use on this, if you have a minute to put a video together?
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Here is the foot technique that the guy in the video above uses:

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    Well we all have different natural abilities so just because it is so simple for you does not mean it is that way for everyone. Love to see a slowed down version of the bass drum technique you use on this, if you have a minute to put a video together?
    I like to use the woodshed man technique. Lot's of practice.....hit it hard......hit it fast.

User Info Menu

Really good cover. His lugs remind me what Martin Chambers from the Pretenders had on his black and white kit in the 80s.
    Conrad

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CB700 View Post
    Really good cover. His lugs remind me what Martin Chambers from the Pretenders had on his black and white kit in the 80s.
    He plays a set of Ludwig Classic Maples ...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpass View Post
    Wow...I was mentioning how good of a copy it was, maybe not how difficult or challenging it may be to you as a drummer.
    You're right , it was a good cover. I don't know why i went down that road. Probably because I'm getting old and I have to warm up for a half hour just to play a Charlie Watts fill.