Thread: Drumaversary

User Info Menu

Default Drumaversary

So yesterday was the 2 year anniversary of my son and I's first drum lesson. It has been an amazing 2 years, especially watching him grow on the set. The first 6 months I kept up with him, and even got some stuff down better, but the last year and a half he has just taken off and blossomed on the kit. As an old dog, the new tricks don't come as fast for me lol. We celebrated last night with...…..another lesson . Can't wait to see what the next 2 years bring.
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal

User Info Menu

Default Re: Drumaversary

Congrats and many more man.

User Info Menu

That's so great!!
    My daughter is now 2 and she starting learning how to put her kit up on her own.
    It's the greatest dad joy ever.
    I hope someday when she's actually old enough to understand she'll learn to play fully.

Keep it up!

User Info Menu

It's just wonderful when you can interact with your children in positive ways and influence their future, as well.

Good job, dads!!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

When my daughter was 6 years old, I bought her an electronic keyboard so she could perhaps find an interest...............not an expensive keyboard but not a cheap toy either.
    At one point I suggested lessons.
    I also offered to teach her to play drums to any level she wanted to pursue.

During her pre-teen years she got interested in drama/theater and became heavily involved throughout high school.
    She went off to college and tackled a double-major of Theater and English (and BTW, finished both with honors in four years).
    She then decided to get her Master's degree in teaching and is now employed as a teacher in a middle school teaching musical theater.

Now -- after the fact -- she is 28 and wants to know why I did not push her harder to piano lessons and music theory..........................

[BTW --- I still have that keyboard and use it to write and arrange.]
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)