Thread: Heads

User Info Menu

Default Heads

Is anyone familiar with Aquarian Studio X heads. I'm considering buying a set and so anybody who has them or is familiar with them can I have your opinion on them.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Default Re: Heads

Rick -- I have used Super 2s with the Studio X ring inside, which is basically the 2-ply version of the head you question.
    I liked the heads but I had much trouble fitting the 18 FT Jasper shell so I'm back to Remo products.

The head you ask about is the Ambassador equivalent with a muffle ring added to it.................it works.
    The tom batters I used were the Emp equivalent.

I like Aquarian products when they fit my shells so I still use the bass drum batters..............SK10 series.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

I tried them( studio X's ) on a couple of snares and I went back to my Evans heads. I need to know more about that pop cycle stick technique.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummerMD View Post
    I tried them( studio X's ) on a couple of snares and I went back to my Evans heads. I need to know more about that pop cycle stick technique.
    I will make you up a fast video showing what I do and what the difference is.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    I will make you up a fast video showing what I do and what the difference is.
    Awesome! thanks much!!

User Info Menu

For the people who have asked me over the years about the popsicle stick.

VAE VICTIS

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Nice tutorial Rick about time you shared your popsicle stick secret now it is out there. Thanks for sharing.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    Nice tutorial Rick about time you shared your popsicle stick secret now it is out there. Thanks for sharing.
    Gilles, I have to ask this: What exactly do you think was supposed to be done with the popsicle stick.

I ask that with absolutely no sarcasm intended. The 1st time I mentioned it on a forum, was about 8 years ago when I was on a different forum, and I had some questions about it where the people that asked me about said question acted like I had the secret to FTL travel and didn't want to tell the rest of the world.

By the way my old friend, I do know the secret to FTL, but will not divulge it except to say that it involves Johnny Walker and Kate Beckinsale.

VAE VICTIS

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Basically it's a pre-dampened single ply head. Aside from fitting some drums kind of snug, a caution is pre-damped heads can easily get overtightened because of how few turns it takes to dial them in. They had a slight learning curve when I first got mine, since mostly I had been using "open" type heads previously. But in time I did get used to them, so all's well. They're great for any out of control buzzy drums you still want a good amount of tone from, but want a little ring taken out. I generally enjoy my experiences with Aquarian, and for me the studio-x was no exception to that.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments