Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breaking News....

User Info Menu

Default Breaking News....

I blame Zack. He took too much stuff...including my 20" bass drum (ddrum kit) and left me with a band logo fully Kickport bass drum head. Poor head was just hanging out with no where to go.

I fixed that.

Yes, I blame and thank Zack. This little Stage Custom is da bomb for a portable awesome sounding birch kit. Stock heads even...except for a Evans emad bass drum batter and ported reso.
    Last edited by Bish; 08-24-2018 at 08:48 PM.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Default Re: Breaking News....

With Radioface head....and add-ons fully positioned, lol.

Signature here

User Info Menu

Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post

Fully ready for battle! ( the stage ). LOL And don't forget to get a blue Kick Port for your Beech Customs!.........just say'in! lol.
    Last edited by drummerMD; 08-25-2018 at 04:34 AM.

User Info Menu

NICE!!!! That's a lot of drum for around $650. You're making me want one. Not sure about the drum sizes though.

User Info Menu

Gorgeous, gotta love Birch kits.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

The kit is 20X16 bass, 14X14 FT, 12X8 MT, 10X7 MT, 14X5 Snare. I'm not saying what I paid for them but got a serious discount buying an open box. Other than them being Yamaha, this is a deal come true.

I ordered the 8" and 16" to complete the kit and yes I ordered a blue Kickport for the Beeches. lol. Shipping Monday according to seller. I should have them by Friday.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

I knew the sizes. Not sure they’d be right for me. Great drums at a great price though. Have fun with them.

User Info Menu

Love the Stage Customs, great looking kit Bish!
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal

User Info Menu

anytime I can help I'll take the blame!! hahaha

That is a beautiful replacement kit you picked up there!
    I'm glad you're loving the Yamaha family!
    Next trip is on your to come to WI now :P
    You can try out my Maple Monster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    anytime I can help I'll take the blame!! hahaha

That is a beautiful replacement kit you picked up there!
    I'm glad you're loving the Yamaha family!
    Next trip is on your to come to WI now :P
    You can try out my Maple Monster
    I'll do that. I just don't know when. We are booked pretty heavily through the end of the year. But if a weekend opens up, look out. I may warn you. lol
    Signature here

User Info Menu

great looking kit Bish
    Conrad

User Info Menu

Thanks, CB. The accessories and additional add-ons are going to start trickling in this week. Updates soon.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Bish, what series bass drum pedal is that? I have an 800 series pedal, an older one, double-wide chain before they put base plates on them and I loved that pedal for years! I don't use it much anymore but to me, it's a keeper. Without the base plate you can easily collapse it down flat for easy transport.
    Last edited by drummerMD; 08-28-2018 at 01:58 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummerMD View Post
    Bish, what series bass drum pedal is that? I have an 800 series pedal, an older one, double-wide chain before they put base plates on them and I loved that pedal for years! I don't use it much anymore but to me, it's a keeper. Without the base plate you can easily collapse it down flat for easy transport.
    I'm still getting my bearings with Yamaha hardware. I bought it as a hardware pack with hats, snare and cymbal stands. It was a 600 series double braced hardware pack. Really decent multi-tiered boom cymbal stands. Not heavy and not heavy duty but hold up well under gigging conditions.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Other than a head swap, these babies are complete.

Signature here

User Info Menu

Signature here

User Info Menu

OK. . . . . . so what's the smaller bass drum? 18"?

User Info Menu

OK. . . . . . so what's the smaller bass drum? 18"?
    Yes.

8", 10", 12", 14", 16", 18" kick, or 20" kick, 14" snare

I plan to only use one bass drum at a time. Got the 18" to mimic my TAMA Silverstars. The TAMAs may be up for sale soon. I couldn't piece together the TAMAs in this Yamaha configuration (from the 4 pc. config it is) or I would have just done that.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Yes.

8", 10", 12", 14", 16", 18" kick, or 20" kick, 14" snare

I plan to only use one bass drum at a time. Got the 18" to mimic my TAMA Silverstars. The TAMAs may be up for sale soon. I couldn't piece together the TAMAs in this Yamaha configuration (from the 4 pc. config it is) or I would have just done that.
    You know what would a cool small set up would be your 18" w/the 8&10 on top and the 14" floor tom.

User Info Menu

very cool Bish
    Conrad

User Info Menu

You know what would a cool small set up would be your 18" w/the 8&10 on top and the 14" floor tom.
    Yes, that is my intent. With all the sizes I can have any config covered depending on the venue and it was affordable to get it all.

Quote Originally Posted by CB700 View Post
    very cool Bish
    Thanks, CB.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Forgot to add. I can still get the 22" bass drum separately as well. Then every possible situation can be handled. I'm terrible.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

That will be sweet with the 22".
    Conrad

User Info Menu

Been spending some quality time with these Stage Customs. I'm serious when I say if you want a really good quality looking and sounding kit without spending a lot of money, this is the set to acquire. I'm so pleased with it.

I planned a head swap over the Labor day weekend and was happy and sad all at the same time.

Tried these new Remo Colortone heads. Emps that are tinted is basically what they are. Installed a complete set on my SCs and found the racks tuned up nicely but the floors were both different sounding and horrible. The 14" sounded like an Evans hydraulic no matter what I did and the 16" just sounded papery and flat no matter how it got tuned. Very disappointed. I'm still fussing with the bass drum but may end up keeping its configuration. It looks really cool and sounds no different than what you'd expect from similar heads.

After removing the Remos from the toms I refitted them with Evans G2's. Those tuned up in minutes and sound fantastic.

Signature here