Thread: GT--Finished

User Info Menu

Default GT--Finished

DSC01414.jpgDSC01421.jpgDSC01434.jpgDSC01431.jpg

Everything was at the rear of the car as far as any custom work. I didn't want to go overboard on the front, so I just put the white stripes on the hood to set it off a little.

I had the lettering made up so it would be different from the block lettering they have on those stripes. A company I found on the net made them up for $18 and change, $21 and change with the shipping. Can't beat that.

I took the shock tower brace off and have 1 coming from Saleen and I'm going to order a bigger throttle body and a new air box. She has hit the dyno at 485HP, so why not see if I can get to 500HP. Why, you ask, well, I just love supporting Shell by having to buy 93 octane gas.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Default Re: GT--Finished

Looks bad. How about a full car shot? You know what I mean.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Looks bad. How about a full car shot? You know what I mean.
    I'll get 1 tomorrow. Complete with sound.
    Last edited by rickthedrummer; 08-26-2018 at 03:07 AM. Reason: =====
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Rick do they have e85 by you?
    On my Honda I gained 100hp just switching from pump 93 to E85

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    Rick do they have e85 by you?
    On my Honda I gained 100hp just switching from pump 93 to E85
    You’re boosted, though. He’s N/A......he could probably push a little more ignition timing with E85.
    I’m not current on the details of the new 5.0, but from what I’ve heard, they can pull another 12-15 RWHP from an E85 tune. On the other hand, I believe they require a new set of 47# injectors to run E85.

I’ve heard that a potential issue with E85 is the inconsistency. The amount of Ethanol can vary anywhere from 51% up to 85%, depending on the time of year, gas supplier, etc.....which maybe explains why I never see a “minimum octane rating” on the pump. I’d hate to be running a max tune for 105 octane E85, only to fill up somewhere that was selling a 60% blend. Have you ever experienced or had issues with that?
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham