Thread: Independent Again

User Info Menu

Default Independent Again

Sorry I haven't been around much lately. Went on vacation for a bit and in the interim, I've left Bottom Drawer. It was a mutual parting of the ways. The usual personality conflicts (having kids in the band - and their father being the "founder" made it difficult - it was kinda like the Partridge Family on steroids - I was always the odd man out). They could only practice once a week on one specific day at one specific time (Sunday @ 3:30pm), we could only play out twice a month and only on Saturday night. Getting the kids into clubs was always a problem. They were blowing off potential gigs, plus some other stuff that I won't get into. Basically I didn't have a vote or say in anything but funded all the stuff they needed to get to the next level (website, press kit & recording/demo CD) and also provided the rehearsal space. They're all great musicians and I hold no ill will. Hey, they have already found a replacement for me (although I bet he isn't nearly as good as me. ).

Sooooooo...

I'm starting my own band!!!

I already have a female lead singer, a name, a tentative song list and a manager! Also I have been talking to a guitarist and keyboard player. If they say "yes", all I'll need is a bass player and we'll be rockin'!

Hope to have the auditions done by early January and playing out by early summer. At least that's the game plan. Wish me luck!

Stix
    Encouragement = Fertilizer for the seed of desire
    & the flower of accomplishment.

Sonor S-Class -Ash

22 Bass, 8, 10, 12, 14 Rack, 16 Floor
    14X5 D454 Chrome Snare
    21 Zildjian Ride, 21 Zilco Crash Ride, 15 Sabian AAX Dark Crash
    14 Sabian XS20 Medium Crash, 13 Sabian El Sabor Splash, 13 Zildjian A Custom Hats
    10 Paiste Twenty Splash, 10 Zildjian A Splash, 6 Zildjian Zilbel
    Tama Iron Cobra 2X Pedal & Hatstand, Pearl Icon Rack

www.myspace.com/stix51861

User Info Menu

Sorry the last band didn't work out, but I'm glad things are coming together for you again Stix. Good to hear from you again!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Hey man, good luck to you!

User Info Menu

I wouldn't hold out, I've been looking for a bassist for a month or so. I seem to have joined three bands that all don't have a bassist.

It's hard playing:
    Thrash Metal,
    Screamo and
    Mainstream Rock without a bassist.

(I lied, we actually do have a bassist for the thrash metal band. But it gets my point across more if I mention all three.)

Though best of luck.

Just to make me look good, I do time to time have a gig with a small jazz band because their drummer is one of my friends back in high school and he can't make it sometimes because of his career taking up nights a lot more than mine does.
    Last edited by Roger; 12-11-2007 at 02:56 AM.