Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bish's Beastily Blue Beeches have arrived

User Info Menu

Default Re: Bish's Beastily Blue Beeches have arrived

HO would be 18 according to the date chart, which I think would put the build date at August 2001. The date chart is confusing though and I’ve never been able to use it the way it’s says too on the Yamaha site. I do know my BCA is a ‘QP’ which equals 09 and has a limited edition Y2K red finish from 2000 so I’ve always assumed it was a September 2000 build. Are all the other drums also ‘HO’?

This is what I got out of the Model decorer on the Yamaha site. TT is always tom tom and the second ‘10’ is the diameter. Normally the first set of numbers is the depth but not always. Sorry the pic is blurry, I uploaded it from my phone.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Exotic Matter; 09-21-2018 at 11:19 AM.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gdmoore28 View Post
    Ha! I love that line about the Collector's Series!

Do you happen to still have any Yamaha price lists from the 1995 and later period? I kept reams of dealer literature and price lists, but they were packed away years ago during a move, and I haven't been able to locate them since.

The reason I ask is that I can't remember such a huge difference in prices between the Maple/Birch/Beech Customs and the same models in the Absolute series. I think I remember that the Absolutes were approximately a 15-20% premium over the Customs due primarily to the availability of twice as many finish options in the Absolutes. As I recall, all three of the Custom series had identical shell thicknesses (10ply on the BD and 7ply on the toms????) while the Absolutes offered different lugs and thinner shells (8ply on the BD, 6ply on the toms???). All other drum hardware was identical from Customs to Custom Absolutes (same BD legs, tom mounts, hoops, FT legs, etc.) The specifics may have changed some into the 2000s.

Anyway, hope you or somebody else still has the price lists. I could be wrong, but I don't remember Beech customs selling for $1500 while Beech Custom Absolutes sold for twice that price.

Was wondering, too, have you posted pics of your various Yamaha kits? I'd love to see them. I have pics only of my Recording Customs - didn't take any of my Maple Customs.

GeeDeeEmm

]
    I know I have some old Interstate catalogs from this time period. I started playing drums in 1992 at age 8 and when I was beyond obsessed in the late 90’s with drums, which I guess that hasn’t changed much haha. But I’m really going off memory because these were all dream kits for me as a teenager. I used to study drum catalogs in the pre internet days, that’s really the only way I know any of this.

User Info Menu

Some but not all. The rest are close according to my charts. All within the same year of the charts have any accuracy. But from the chart I looked at it appeared they were from the early '80's. I didn't think that was right.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Exotic Matter View Post
    I know I have some old Interstate catalogs from this time period. I started playing drums in 1992 at age 8 and when I was beyond obsessed in the late 90’s with drums, which I guess that hasn’t changed much haha. But I’m really going off memory because these were all dream kits for me as a teenager. I used to study drum catalogs in the pre internet days, that’s really the only way I know any of this.
    I know what you mean. I started playing in 1964, and I wrote to Ludwig, Slingerland, and Rogers and requested catalogs, which they supplied. I did this every year and each catalog was practically memorized by the time the next editions were released! The fantasies over those catalog kits were almost better than the real things. The mind can do wonderful things, can't it? By the time I actually bought my first pro kit, I think I'd mentally played every kit in those catalogs!

Once I went to work in a music store, the catalog and price list collecting went wild. I took every dealer catalog on all brands and put them in binders in order and with price lists. My store was opened in 1962 and had catalogs stockpiled all the way back to that era. It makes me sick that I can't locate them now.

GeeDeeEmm

User Info Menu

These are utterly gorgeous!!
    -Tama Granstar II (12x11, 16x16, 22x16)
    -Yamaha 7000 Series (12x8, 13x9, 16x16 22x18)
    -Crush Sublime E3 (12x8, 16x14, 24x17)
    -Pearl Mixed Series kit (8x7, 10x8, 15x13, 20x14)
    -Brady Jarrah Ply 8x14
    -HHG Purpleheart/Cherry Stave 7x14
    -HHG Red Birch Stave 7x14
    -Pearl Masters MCX 5.5x14
    -Pearl Steel (Pre-Sensitone) 6.5x14
    -Pearl Vintage Professional Series 6.5x14
    -Tama Imperialstar Seamless Steel 6.5x14
    -Tama Soundworks Maple 6.5x14
    -Premier (African Mahogany with Beech Re-rings) 8x14
    -Remo Bravo II 5.5x14
    -OCDP Maple 6x14
    -Crush Aluminum 5.5x14
    -Crush 10 ply Maple 6x14
    -Trixon Birch 5.5x14
    -Wuhan Traditional Cymbals
    -Paiste 2002, 602,

User Info Menu

Now you're messing with a, a son of a bish!
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Holy Smokes! Nice, nice, nice. I guess I'll live my G.A.S. through you as always!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dirtysticks View Post
    These are utterly gorgeous!!
    Thanks, DS!

Quote Originally Posted by DrumWhipper View Post
    Now you're messing with a, a son of a bish!
    Yeah, like that's toxic or something. lol

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    Holy Smokes! Nice, nice, nice. I guess I'll live my G.A.S. through you as always!
    Not. You do just fine, my friend.
    Signature here