Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Packed Up My Drums and Left Home

User Info Menu

Default Re: Packed Up My Drums and Left Home

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Rich, I'm still catching up here, so I ran across this thread and got to read about your journey since the divorce. I know it's been tough (been there, did that), but I'm glad you were able to cling to the things that could help you through (also been there, did that). As to the relationship with your son, just continue to be there for him, and tell him you love him, and it will work out. When I went through my divorce, I was so worried about losing the relationship I had with my kids. A friend told me that he went through the same thing, but over time the kids just became closer and closer to him. The same thing happened with me, and over the years I have talked with my kids by phone on a regular basis, and have tried to see them personally for their milestone moments, and any time in between.

Today, I am retired and living with my daughter and her family (yes, I made darn sure that my son-in-law was onboard with this ). All this happened because my daughter and son-in-law needed help with their kids (didn't want them in daycare all the time), and my daughter was comfortable with the idea of me spending the rest of my life with them. My son is going through a rough patch in his life right now, and he and I talk nearly every day. I tell you this so that you will know that all is not necessarily going to be what, on the surface, might appear to be right now.
    Thank you so much for sharing Pastor Bob. I appreciate the insight you provided. I'm receiving much support here as well as from members of my new found church. I hope one day we could meet in person so I can thank you in person. Your return to DC has given many of us here a chance to catch up with you and I know I'm not the only one who have missed your caring and thoughtful posts.

User Info Menu

Hi Late8, I hope that all is going well at this point.

I hadn't seen an update in a while, so I thought that I'd check in. Holler if you ever need to talk. -Mike
    -Mike

"We don't stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing."

"I wish that my playing reminded people of Steve Gadd. But they seem to confuse me with his little known cousin... E."

"Snare drums happen."

User Info Menu

L8, glad to hear everything going good for you. Touching story, good to see you again and thanks for sharing.
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php/dc-record-most-users-12079p2.html

CHARTER MEMBER OF PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

RIP Frank.............thanks for being part of my journey