Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OT --- Other Hobbies and Habits

User Info Menu

Default Re: OT --- Other Hobbies and Habits

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    What exactly would you like me to bring?
    Well, in all fairness, he did say "it" if I read it correctly.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    When I'm not beating my wife and kids, I like to trip old ladies in the street. Other than that, I just lay around the house getting drunk and wishing I would win the lottery.

Bring it Rick!
    It's done Tom and you didn't even notice it.

I'm the devil that you DON'T know.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

I love exploring and discovering music. I'm constantly looking for and listening to artists I've never heard before. I'm currently listening to an 80's Cantopop artist.

I also spend too much time putting together song playlists. Playlists for different activities, moods, times of the day. Playlists of Finnish Rap, songs everybody knows, novelty playlists, 2am playlists, playlists for different characters in video games. My current project is putting together a playlist of all the Child Ballads (or at least the ones I can find on Spotify)

And speaking of video games, I play a lot of Overwatch on PC. Used to be a Roadhog main until Blizzard screwed him up Might get Battlefield V when that comes out, looks pretty fun.

I also do a fair bit of baking. Just made a lemon pound cake the other day, was pretty good. One of my favourite things to bake is Pulla, a Finnish egg bread similar to challah or brioche, but flavoured with cardamom
    Last edited by xweasel; 09-15-2018 at 06:15 PM.
    - Zack

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Well, in all fairness, he did say "it" if I read it correctly.

I did bring "IT" but Tom obviously missed "IT".

If you don't catch "IT" on the 1st pass, that's "IT". Now Tom doesn't know what "IT" was, is, or might be.

"IT" might be around him right now and he does't even know "IT".

Beware the "Ides of "IT".

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    When I'm not beating my wife and kids, I like to trip old ladies in the street. Other than that, I just lay around the house getting drunk and wishing I would win the lottery.

Bring it Rick!
    So........you’re a Lead Singer as well as a drummer. It all makes sense now!
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    Drinking
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

In the summer, I golf. Love to go to the range almost every day. Gets a bit pricey though at $10 a bucket. Usually go for 9 or 18 with the boys on weekends.

I only had August off this summer from university so not much time for hobbies. I guess that sort of counts as one. Dentistry is my passion and I need to take a lot of organic chemistry and biochemistry which I like.

I love reading and watching Stephen King. Stand by me, the shining, shawshank, I could watch those movies a million times.
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    So........you’re a Lead Singer as well as a drummer. It all makes sense now!
    Yes, it does Brian.The clincher was how he disappears for a while then shows up at the most inopportune times.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyByNight View Post
    In the summer, I golf. Love to go to the range almost every day. Gets a bit pricey though at $10 a bucket. Usually go for 9 or 18 with the boys on weekends.

I only had August off this summer from university so not much time for hobbies. I guess that sort of counts as one. Dentistry is my passion and I need to take a lot of organic chemistry and biochemistry which I like.

I love reading and watching Stephen King. Stand by me, the shining, shawshank, I could watch those movies a million times.
    Golf, the bane of usually normal people that lose it when they get on a golf course. I did go to a driving range a long time ago with a friend of mine that was getting into the game (his handicap was something like 112). We both got a bucket of balls, not sure of how many balls they gave me, and proceeded to the range. My friend was trying to hit the ball straight on a regular basis, I was just trying to hit the ball.

I did hit it straight once. I know because it went about 15' in front of the tee, but it was straight, just not far. How bad was I you ask???? I hit a guy standing 30' behind me. After that, the people that were watching moved to about 20' in front of my tee, they figured that was the safest place to be.

VAE VICTIS

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Wish we had a "like" button here. Some of these replies have been hilarious.

GeeDeeEmm

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gdmoore28 View Post
    Wish we had a "like" button here. Some of these replies have been hilarious.

GeeDeeEmm
    I've been asking for a rating system for years.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Rating system might be nice. Although, I do wonder if having that would turn it into a place like facebook or youtube. It'd take away from the glory you've all achieved here, wouldn't it?
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    Rating system might be nice. Although, I do wonder if having that would turn it into a place like facebook or youtube. It'd take away from the glory you've all achieved here, wouldn't it?
    Ummmmmmm . . . nah!!!!!

GeeDeeEmm