Thread: Appice Clinic

User Info Menu

Default Appice Clinic

Got a ticket for Vinnie and Carmine's drum clinic yesterday. Went to one of Carmine's clinics in the early 90's and have seen Vinnie in concert a few times but never a clinic.

Can't wait to see them. Should be good. Going to get there early to try and get up front as long as I don't get lost on the way from JFK.

Will take lots of pics.

LIDC_CARMINE_VINNY_PACKAGE_2_1024x1024.jpg
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Default Re: Appice Clinic

True story, they have a cousin who plays drums who lives here in Arkansas. He is a great drummer, but his attitude is so bad that no one wants to work with him. He acts like everyone should kiss his backside because he is cousins with Carmine and Vinnie. Several bands/performers have said they would love to work with him because he is VERY talented, but his attitude pushes them all away. Add alcohol to the mix and it is even worse.
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Totally awesome evening with Carmine and Vinnie.

Carmine: Ddrum Max [maple, ash] drums Sabian cymbals Evans heads VF sticks

Vinnie: Sawtooth [poplar] drums, Sabian cymbals, Chromacast hardware and sticks and a Korg Wav drum.

Got to chat with them a little after. Nice guys. Got my Blue Murder cassette signed by Carmine and Vinnie signed my Black Sabbath Dehumanizer CD

Also picked up a disc they made together in 2017 called Appice Sinister. Will post pics when I get back home tomorrow.
    Last edited by slinky; 09-27-2018 at 01:06 AM.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

That would be an awesome clinic!!

And it sucks to read about his cousin. Nothing worse than a bad attitude musician.

User Info Menu

I'd go to that in a minute.

User Info Menu

I was pretty young to really know all of Carmine's early band's Vanilla Fudge etc ... my earliest recollection of him was seeing Rod Stewart performing on tv in the late 70's. I didn't know I would like drums so much at the time but remember the big drum set up in the lights and thought that looked so cool...

imo Carmine is one of the greatest rock drummers of all time. He is super cool with fans too.. he will spend a minute or two talking with you.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu