User Info Menu

Default Re: 200bpm. Left Hand Threshold

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    I wish my left hand still worked....
    Killer work man.
    What's wrong with it, dude?

User Info Menu

several years ago I snapped my arm clean in half and lost all function in my left arm.
    I have Radial Nerve Palsy.

I've had four surgeries to make my left arm, hand and fingers functions.
    Three tendon transfers and one tendon transplant.
    My wrist will never move again. The function to move my wrist now moves my fingers.
    It's all sorts of messed up and I spent 2 years in occupational therapy to learn how to move my fingers again.

User Info Menu

several years ago I snapped my arm clean in half and lost all function in my left arm.
    I have Radial Nerve Palsy.

I've had four surgeries to make my left arm, hand and fingers functions.
    Three tendon transfers and one tendon transplant.
    My wrist will never move again. The function to move my wrist now moves my fingers.
    It's all sorts of messed up and I spent 2 years in occupational therapy to learn how to move my fingers again.
    Ah, man, that's awful. I can't imagine how difficult it would be. How do you still play or work?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by __--byonin--__ View Post
    Ah, man, that's awful. I can't imagine how difficult it would be. How do you still play or work?
    By never giving up hope of being able to drum again.
    My therapist at the time made me tell her my top 3 things I would like to do again with my hand...
    (oh by the way it was my dominant hand... yes I'm a lefty)

I told her this:
    1) Write my name
    2) Play my drums/piano again
    3) Wrench on my car

the struggle was real and I'll admit I gave up hope many of times. Then I started doing DIY's on my car not for people but for myself.. then those DIY's took me and my car to a level I thought i'd never experience and at the same time I started using my hand again slowly but surely. And here we are now...

User Info Menu

My therapist at the time made me tell her my top 3 things I would like to do again with my hand...

I told her this:
    1) Write my name
    3) Wrench on my car

the struggle was real and I'll admit I gave up hope many of times. Then I started doing DIY's on my car not for people but for myself.. then those DIY's took me and my car to a level I thought i'd never experience and at the same time I started using my hand again slowly but surely. And here we are now...
    Outstanding "never give up" attitude man. A fine example of the way that we should all strive to live.

I'm truly happy to hear that your hard work and determination is starting to pay off for you ...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by __--byonin--__ View Post
    Nice job man!

I've been using a practice setup similar to yours for several years now. Real Feel pad on top of an Acrolite, hi hat, ride, Gibraltar kick pad, L-80 hats, ride, and crash. It's amazing how much can be accomplished on this minimalist setup ...

User Info Menu

I told her this:
    1) Write my name
    3) Wrench on my car

Yes, big respect to you, man. It takes a huge amount of courage and patience to climb up the ladder again after an accident you had suffered. I dread the day would ever come to me; I wouldn't know what to do or how to deal with it. Again, fair play to you, sir!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dangermoney View Post
    Nice job man!

I've been using a practice setup similar to yours for several years now. Real Feel pad on top of an Acrolite, hi hat, ride, Gibraltar kick pad, L-80 hats, ride, and crash. It's amazing how much can be accomplished on this minimalist setup ...
    Thanks. Yeah, it's a great little setup. I plan to add more things to the family of the practice side of things. Looking at the ProLogix Practikit but shipping to the UK is not available yet. The prices keep increasing too...