Thread: KISS farewell tour

User Info Menu

Default KISS farewell tour

It's the thing to do nowadays I guess... I don't really see why... why shut a door for good, even if the band is physically unable to do it anymore who cares. I guarantee they will still get the band questions.. Paul Stanley said in one interview KISS will always be around weather it's the founding guys or not.

read:https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news...id=mailsignout
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Default Re: KISS farewell tour

I said farewell to KISS the year they began.....................don't need a tour for that.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    I said farewell to KISS the year they began.....................don't need a tour for that.
    I like some of their songs and thought the Creatures Of The Night record was pretty good although it has a weird bass tone to it, not the bass itself just the whole thing makes a stereo sound like there's mud in the speakers.

Never connected with the band though like some people. I saw Eric Singer at a music store and Paul Stanley at the airport and that's about it as far as it goes seeing them.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Wow that's tragic.. The pioneers of glam rock giving it up like that, 45 years of electrifying performances. What a streak! I sure loved them as a kid for pushing the boundaries in music and what you could do with it. I'll miss em.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    Wow that's tragic.. The pioneers of glam rock giving it up like that, 45 years of electrifying performances. What a streak! I sure loved them as a kid for pushing the boundaries in music and what you could do with it. I'll miss em.
    Hey, com'on man you don't want them to be Rockers with Walkers do you? lol. . . . . .like the Rolling Bones, ah Stones.
    Last edited by drummerMD; 09-21-2018 at 04:25 AM.

User Info Menu

hahahahahaha! This cracked me up

User Info Menu

How many KISS farewell tours is the now, seven?
    Mmm... Saturns.

User Info Menu

I know that they've been wildly popular, but, I just never understood it or got into them.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    I know that they've been wildly popular, but, I just never understood it or got into them.
    Same
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Ha! Me, too.

But, you've got to hand it to them - they knew how to integrate Vaudeville and theater into rock n roll in a way that appealed to the masses. They were a quartet of minimally-talented musicians who understood exactly what a new generation of low-maintenance listeners wanted to see and hear - and KISS faithfully delivered for all these years.

When it comes to success, it's hard to argue with . . . $ucce$$!

GeeDeeEmm

User Info Menu

I had a friend that had two tickets (his date backed out on him) for a KISS show in Dallas back when they were popular.
    I went because he wanted company and the show (to me) was free.

The music was very loud and the antics predictable.
    I gave a standing ovation to the pyro-tech-team................they were quite impressive.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)