Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New set of cymbals on the way

User Info Menu

Default New set of cymbals on the way

I have been in talks with a newer company to the US called Centent Cymbals for a couple of months now. They have several series of cymbals, and frankly they sound great. I have a friend who went with this line recently, and the sound really won me over. I have enjoyed my Sabian XSR's, but will be passing them down to my boys for their kit. I will soon be playing the Centent B20 Emperor series of cymbals. I have a custom kit of 14 inch hats, 16 and 18 inch crashes, a 16 inch ozone, 10 inch splash, and a 20 inch ride. If you haven't heard of Centent cymbals you can check them out at the link below.

https://shop.cententcymbalsusa.com/p...mperor-series/
    Last edited by DrumWhipper; 09-22-2018 at 11:08 AM.
    Six piece Mapex Armory, Black Panther Blade and Orange County Custom snare drums, Centent Emperor cymbals, and Vater Drumsticks.

Highway 49 Band

User Info Menu

Default Re: New set of cymbals on the way

i'll have to check out all of their videos. i'm not very familiar with them.
    12pc Yamaha Maple Custom Vintage (23pc in total) | 12pc PDP X7 | 9pc Ludwig Jr. | 8pc Pork Pie ZebraWood | 6pc Sonor | 4pc Ddrum Dominion | 5pc Orbitone |4pc Sonor Martini | 50 Snare drums and growing!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    i'll have to check out all of their videos. i'm not very familiar with them.
    They have several lines. Everything from B8 to B10, then the B20 lines. My buddy put away his A customs for the Emperor line. He said they are similar, but the Emperor's are s little warmer, and have a rich, full tone on the wash and decay.
    Six piece Mapex Armory, Black Panther Blade and Orange County Custom snare drums, Centent Emperor cymbals, and Vater Drumsticks.

Highway 49 Band

User Info Menu

Nice sounding cymbals. I wanted him to get on the edge of that ride so i could hear it's wash, but other than that they sound really good. Congrats!

Collectors Black Ice Finishply
    10x8,12x9,15x12,16x14,20x18,24x16
    14X6 Collectors 10 and 6 snare Natural Satin
    14x8 Collectors Black Nickel over Brass

User Info Menu

I am planning on doing my own video once I get them.

Highway 49 Band

User Info Menu

Odd company name, but their Emperors sound really good. Short decay, yet a full wash, it's interesting. It's like they took the properties of an open sound, and a dry sound, and merged the two together creating an all-rounder. As big as that bell on the ride was though, I would have liked hearing a bit more of it; both with tip and shoulder of the stick.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Got an update this evening. All of mine are being custom made to my specs, and will be hand hammered from scratch. They will be here in approximately five weeks.

Highway 49 Band

User Info Menu

If they sound in person nearly as good as they do in their videos, those suckers will walk the dog. I was very impressed with all the B20s.

What was that name again? Oh well, at least they didn't use the kind of branding services that come up with monikers that are so downright embarrassing that one WANTS to remove the logos! I mean, they could have called them "SayBeeUns," or "PussTies," or "ZildHuns."

GeeDeeEmm

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrumWhipper View Post
    Got an update this evening. All of mine are being custom made to my specs, and will be hand hammered from scratch. They will be here in approximately five weeks.
    5 weeks? Do they not stock anything here in the States? When you say made-to-your-specs, are you having them do something different than what they show on their website?

In my business, I distribute a lot of items (bearings, chain, sprockets, gearing,etc.) made in China. This year has been totally nuts. Stuff that was 1-2 weeks delivery is running 12+ weeks. The tariffs are taking their toll. China stuff that used to be 40%, 50% and 60% cheaper than the American made counterparts is now only a few percent cheaper in some cases. I’ve seen 4 and 5 price increases since March.

Eventually, we’re going to see the same for things like drums, cymbals and hardware. If anyone is contemplating buying anything imported...do it now!
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    5 weeks? Do they not stock anything here in the States? When you say made-to-your-specs, are you having them do something different than what they show on their website?
    Yes, I wanted a more pronounced bell on the ride for one. As of today we began discussion of me being an artist for them to endorse them, so they may have either my initials or signature engraved in them. The line I am getting is also a new line that just launched (it isn't even linked on their website at this time. The demo video above was sent to me by the sales rep I'm dealing with. The cymbals in the video are some of the first to be made in this line.) which is another reason for the wait.

Highway 49 Band

User Info Menu

Oh wow.. So you're like an actual pioneer of this company now? You're getting the first made cymbals of a series. You're like a test pilot!
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

I dont know that I'm a pioneer by any means. I'm just getting in early on the specific line of cymbal I decided to go with. The company has been around for a while overseas, but recently came into America a couple of years ago. They're beginning to get a little bit of traction this year with the solid promotional efforts of Arthur Stonez, their sales rep.

Highway 49 Band

User Info Menu

They are finishing up the final details and shipping them out. Should be here next week!

Highway 49 Band

User Info Menu

That would be awesome to have them all custom made.... but I DIED INSIDE waiting for my custom Pork Pie kit..... the anticipation was killing me.
    12pc Yamaha Maple Custom Vintage (23pc in total) | 12pc PDP X7 | 9pc Ludwig Jr. | 8pc Pork Pie ZebraWood | 6pc Sonor | 4pc Ddrum Dominion | 5pc Orbitone |4pc Sonor Martini | 50 Snare drums and growing!

User Info Menu

Nice sounding cymbals, I love the look of the B20 Xtt Black Tiger's, no sound files though?
    Sonor Essential Force Birch

Mapex Saturn V

Zildjian K and Stagg DH Cymbals

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing.

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    Nice sounding cymbals, I love the look of the B20 Xtt Black Tiger's, no sound files though?
    This is a short video I found on Youtube

Highway 49 Band

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    That would be awesome to have them all custom made.... but I DIED INSIDE waiting for my custom Pork Pie kit..... the anticipation was killing me.
    Yeah that is where I have been. I know the wait will be worth it, but that wait sucks while you're in the process of it, lol

Highway 49 Band

User Info Menu

Just FYI for those with Facebook, Centent Cymbals USA will be giving away a full line of cymbals in a contest. Details will be released soon.

https://www.facebook.com/cententcymb...type=3&theater

Highway 49 Band

User Info Menu

I wish the guys doing the demo videos would refrain from hitting their bass drum every time they hit a crash cymbal. I know it's second nature to almost all of us, but we're watching the video to hear the cymbals, not the bass drum!

Can't wait to hear the new ones when they come in.

GeeDeeEmm

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gdmoore28 View Post
    I wish the guys doing the demo videos would refrain from hitting their bass drum every time they hit a crash cymbal. I know it's second nature to almost all of us, but we're watching the video to hear the cymbals, not the bass drum!

Can't wait to hear the new ones when they come in.

GeeDeeEmm
    Sometimes they play more toms than cymbals during a cymbal demo, LOL. I’m cool with keeping time on the hats or ride, but I don’t need to sit through a 14 measure solo just to hear a cymbal crash at the end.
    -Brian

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Got the tracking number. They are currently in Cincinnati, Ohio. Should be here by Wednesday!

Highway 49 Band

User Info Menu

They are here! 10 inch splash, 14 hats, 16 crash and ozone, 18 crash, and 20 ride. Came with a cymbal bag as well. Check out the size of the bell on the ride cymbal.

20181105_133354.jpg

20181105_133925.jpg

20181105_133936.jpg

20181105_134037.jpg

Highway 49 Band

User Info Menu

So I just compared these side by side to a set of Zildjian K's, and I couldnt tell much of a difference. Even the finishes are very similar. The finish on the K's are a tad darker, but the tones are very similar.

Highway 49 Band

User Info Menu

Looking good. The finish and raw bell looks awesome. Can’t say I care for their lettering and logo much, but that’s their marketing department, LOL. It’s the sound that’s most important!
    -Brian

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    Looking good. The finish and raw bell looks awesome. Can’t say I care for their lettering and logo much, but that’s their marketing department, LOL. It’s the sound that’s most important!
    I was told I am one of the first, if not the first person to get the new logo. Like I said when I ordered them, this is a new line and they didn't have the designs when I ordered them. They sound great. I'm going to try to get some video up before the end of the week. Wish Guitar Center would have let me do a side by side video when I tried them next to the K's, but I understand their reasoning for not allowing it since they don't carry Centent cymbals.

Highway 49 Band