Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New set of cymbals on the way

User Info Menu

Default Re: New set of cymbals on the way

Finally got a chance to put them on the kit.

20181110_123641.jpg

Here is a demo with no music, just cymbals. I did no editing.

Six piece Mapex Armory, Black Panther Blade and Orange County Custom snare drums, Centent Emperor cymbals, and Vater Drumsticks.

Highway 49 Band

User Info Menu

One with a couple of guitar players. No bass player on this.

Six piece Mapex Armory, Black Panther Blade and Orange County Custom snare drums, Centent Emperor cymbals, and Vater Drumsticks.

Highway 49 Band

User Info Menu

A review I wrote up after playing these for a while

I have been playing drums for 30 years, and have played every major brand of cymbal that is out there during my time as a drummer. Recently I made the decision to go with a lesser known brand of cymbals. Centent Cymbals is the company I decided to take a shot with, and am I ever glad that I decided to make the move.

I am playing the Emperor B20 brand of cymbals. I have a set of 14-inch hi hats, a 16-inch crash, an 18-inch crash, a 16-inch ozone crash, a 20-inch ride, and a 10-inch splash in my arsenal of cymbals.

Cymbals are something that can help define a drummer, so you always want the best possible sound, wash, and decay that you can find. I believe I have found that perfect match with the Centent Emperor cymbals.

The 14-inch hi hats offer a crisp sound that is perfect for driving the tempo of your band. They have a warm and elegant tone that can cut through the mix of any genre of music.

The 16-inch crash has a warm tone with a great decay and smooth wash that is quick to grab the attention of those who are listening to the band. The 16-inch ozone crash adds a bit of a “trashy” sound (in a good way), and comes with a warm, yet higher pitch than the standard 16-inch crash. I am using this as an accent cymbal along with the 10-inch splash. They work well together.

The 18-inch crash is obnoxious, but in a good way. It is warm, it is loud, and it stands out above all other 18-inch crash cymbals I have ever played. When you strike this cymbal will be no doubt in your mind that you have been blessed with a quality cymbal that can handle anything you throw at it. Using this cymbal in series with the 16-inch crash and ozone crash will quickly show you that you have taken your cymbal game to a whole new level.

The 20-inch ride is crisp, warm, and has a bell that has sound and tone for days. I told Centent Cymbals USA representative Arthur Stonez that I wanted a ride cymbal with a pronounced bell that would sound great, and something very similar to the bell you hear on a song like Suzie Q, and boy, did he ever deliver. You can use this cymbal as a standard ride cymbal, but you can also use it like a crash cymbal for some super warm wash and decay.

The 10-inch splash offers a way, yet higher pitch tone that is perfect for accents with your snare drum. I have played many splash cymbals throughout the years and have never found a 10-inch splash that I wanted to play on a consistent basis. They were always missing something, but Centent really hit it out of the park with this bad boy. It will be a permanent fixture on my kit.

Overall, I am more than pleased with my purchase of the Centent Emperor B20 cymbals. My bandmates noticed an immediate difference, with our band leader saying “They’re mellow and not excessively harsh. They are much quieter than your older cymbals, and not excessively loud, either. I like the sound very much.”

I have to agree with that assessment, and I can’t wait to play another live gig with them to see how they sound once my kit is running through the sound board.

Highway 49 Band

User Info Menu

This is a different line of Centent cymbals than what I have. This is the Tang line.

Highway 49 Band

User Info Menu

It's funny watching the guy in the video you posted last - every time he hits the left crash, he jumps up off of his throne. Never seen that before.

GeeDeeEmm
    Last edited by gdmoore28; Yesterday at 07:59 PM.