Thread: Your Cheating Heart - Swing Style - Not my Best Performance for sure~!

User Info Menu

Default Your Cheating Heart - Swing Style - Not my Best Performance for sure~!

I recorded this on my Zoom Q8 video camera and used some outboard mics connected to a 6 channel Behringer mixer plus getting the vocals direct from the mixing board. Not my best performance but wanted to show what the Q8 video looks like...wish I had a soundman but just set the Behringer as best as I could and this is what it came out like.

Yamaha Oak Custom 22x17 with Brass Kick Port, Brass Hoop Claws,10-12-14 racks, 16 Floor and all toms have Brass Hoops and a Tama Starclassic Bubinga Elite 14x6.5 snare in Quilted Mocha Burst and Black Nickel hardware. All hi-end Zildjian Cymbals - K Dark Thin crashes & splashes, a Zildjian A crash & a Meinl 16" crash, Avedis Zildjian 1964 ride, K Custom hats plus New Beat hats on Closed X-Hat.

If a Man offends thee - - give each of his children a Drum~~~!!!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Your Cheating Heart - Swing Style - Not my Best Performance for sure~!

Great performance! Thank you for sharing, I really enjoyed it.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Your Cheating Heart - Swing Style - Not my Best Performance for sure~!

Warren, I really enjoyed listening to this, thanks for posting.

I played in several steel guitar country bands back in the 80s playing the old country standards similar to this. Fun stuff and a different approach to drumming for sure ...

User Info Menu

Nicely Done!!! For some reason, when the singer started singing, the 1st thought that came to mind was Theresa Brewer.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Good stuff man. You guys did a great job. Love the q8. Use one all the time.

User Info Menu

Nice job, what kind of kit is that? I have a q8 but hardly ever use it due to latency issues.. Maybe I need to break it out again
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

My kit is a 6 piece Yamaha Oak Custom with brass hoops, brass bass drum claws and a brass kickport. Zildjian cymbals plus one Meinl crash. Im not sure what you mean by latency issues? Ive never noticed any latency issues with my Q8...would like to hear exactly what you experienced. On a side note I download onto my computer and then load the video into my Cyberlink 16 Power-Director app which has a separate Audio Director 8 app that works hand in hand with the main app. That audio app has a plethora of audio tools so you can do wonders with the audio...it even allows you to EQ the two audio channels separately. Quite an amazing app...wish they would pay me to advertise for them but they dont...I just love it because once you get familiar with it, it becomes so easy to edit your video's...especially the audio. I do know that there are a number of excellent video apps out there that I have not used. Hope I haven't broken any rules by mentioning my Video editing tools by name. I switch off between using the Zildjian 13" MasterSound hi-hats on the X-hat with the 14" New Beats and the Main hats I swap out between the 14" New Beats and the K Custom 14.25"s and sometimes I put the latter on the X-hat. It gives me some variety this way...
    Yamaha Oak Custom 22x17 with Brass Kick Port, Brass Hoop Claws,10-12-14 racks, 16 Floor and all toms have Brass Hoops and a Tama Starclassic Bubinga Elite 14x6.5 snare in Quilted Mocha Burst and Black Nickel hardware. All hi-end Zildjian Cymbals - K Dark Thin crashes & splashes, a Zildjian A crash & a Meinl 16" crash, Avedis Zildjian 1964 ride, K Custom hats plus New Beat hats on Closed X-Hat.

User Info Menu

I will relay that to Suzanne ...she will be quite pleased with your comment. Suzanne is also an MD and she is our bass players wife..she plays by ear with us but at home, she plays the old Classical Music by charts and she plays it really good and when she's with us on stage, she's just one of us -- easy to get along with and carries her load well.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the compliment~ I will relay your comments to the other guys. By the way, do you use an "App" for editing your video's and the recorded audio files?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Warren Wright View Post
    Thanks for the compliment~ I will relay your comments to the other guys. By the way, do you use an "App" for editing your video's and the recorded audio files?
    WW, who are you asking?

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    WW, who are you asking?
    I was curious about what app you use..??

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Warren Wright View Post
    I was curious about what app you use..??
    I go through a mixer right into the back of my Q8. Run it into the PC and over to you tube and then put them up. That's it.

VAE VICTIS

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Good job, Warren. That's an old swing style that you don't hear very often any more - if ever. But the way you play it with such unexpected patterns and accents makes it sound very dynamic and spontaneous - I love that. Would love to hear some more.

GeeDeeEmm
    Last edited by gdmoore28; 09-28-2018 at 11:44 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gdmoore28 View Post
    Good job, Warren. That's an old swing style that you don't hear very often any more - if ever. But the way you play it with such unexpected patterns and accents makes it sound very dynamic and spontaneous - I love that. Would love to hear some more.

GeeDeeEmm

Thanks for the "flowers" and I very well might post some more - I really appreciate all of you guys taking time out to make comments. I have to say, this site has some of the most talented drummers Ive ever ran into and some of the nicest ones to boot. Thats a RARE combination --- God Bless you all ~!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thunderstruck View Post
    Great performance! Thank you for sharing, I really enjoyed it.

Thank you for the kind words --

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    I go through a mixer right into the back of my Q8. Run it into the PC and over to you tube and then put them up. That's it.
    I use an App called Cyberlink 16 Power-Director in-combination with their Audio-Director 8 application...the latter gives me a plethora of audio tools to enhance the audio in so many ways. 10 Band EQ starting at 31 hz - stereo expander and the list goes on and on and on - 24 separate audio enhancements. The EQ can be different for each of the two stereo channels if you so desire. The Power-Director allows me to make Blu-Ray movies up to 4096x2160/30p @ 37 Mbps. To make a WAV file, after you've edited the audio the way you want it...takes between 20 and 60 "seconds" depending on the length of the video. I like making the Blu-Ray discs for the other band members...
    Last edited by Warren Wright; 09-29-2018 at 03:22 PM.