7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 71.43%
  • No

2 28.57%

Thread: Need your advice again

User Info Menu

Default Need your advice again

Ok well we fired our female singer, and now Kevin M(guitarist) is pulling the duty, we got a song re-recorded with him singing, there are few flat spots but overall, what do you guys think?

Be honest, but also be constructive please, thanks.

Just follow the band link below to hear it.

User Info Menu

To be honest I think you need to find a proper singer, he sounds ok as a stand in or even a second vocalist but he doesnt sound like a main singer. Good song BTW.

User Info Menu

Thanks man.

User Info Menu

Very cool tune, Kev! Actually, I did'nt think he did a bad job of singing. I don't feel he has the presence needed as a lead singer, but that could come with time as he will get more comfortable with the role. Did you guys record this track by track, or all in one shot? Kind of curious as this would make a difference in how the song is sung.

Great drumming as always Kev! Keep up the good work!
    Da' Bum
    Rockin' the beat for fadedblue
    Keepin' time for Andy Harrison & the AOP
    http://www.facebook.com/fadedbluemusic
    DW Performance 5 pc. in White Marine Pearl
    1972 Pearl Deluxe Custom 5 pc. in blue sparkle
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

Much much much better than the female singer...... I liked it a lot Kev. With some more practice he has the potential of being a good front man. Of course I love the band's sound, that's a given

User Info Menu

I think the guy does a decent job singing because I think his voice fits the song. The song has a dark feel to it. It is different yet it is still the type of music you hear in the mainstream today. You guys are definitely a very good band. No doubt about that. I did not hear the version of the girl sining but if this is the type/style (for lack of a better term) you primarily do I think having a male frontman would be the way to go.
    Dave

Frank "Fiacovaz" Iacovazzi
    RIP my friend

Proud member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 1DrumBum View Post
    Very cool tune, Kev! Actually, I did'nt think he did a bad job of singing. I don't feel he has the presence needed as a lead singer, but that could come with time as he will get more comfortable with the role. Did you guys record this track by track, or all in one shot? Kind of curious as this would make a difference in how the song is sung.

Great drumming as always Kev! Keep up the good work!
    Thanks alot, actually he rerecorded the vocals over the already recorded music, we are still looking for a vocalist, but I thought he did a great job, he actually does not want to sing, he just wants to focus on his guitar playing, thanks again.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drum_chick View Post
    Much much much better than the female singer...... I liked it a lot Kev. With some more practice he has the potential of being a good front man. Of course I love the band's sound, that's a given
    Thanks Sue, yea he is definetly a major improvment over the female singer, she was a good singer in her own style, it just does not fit with our style.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgkikker View Post
    I think the guy does a decent job singing because I think his voice fits the song. The song has a dark feel to it. It is different yet it is still the type of music you hear in the mainstream today. You guys are definitely a very good band. No doubt about that. I did not hear the version of the girl sining but if this is the type/style (for lack of a better term) you primarily do I think having a male frontman would be the way to go.
    Thanks, yea I should have just stuck with Sue advise lol.

User Info Menu

I voted no. It was good for what it was but im not a fan of Prog type stuff.

But as i said it was good for what it was and your playing was very stylish and tastefull. The singer is ok, no more, no less. I think that he could become a very good singer with time.

User Info Menu

Yes I liked it...the singer has a good voice and suits the music well but he sounds a bit flat though...he should improve in time
    I play, Gretsch Catalina Birch, 7 piece in the vintage sunburst finish.

RIP, Frank. You will not be forgotten. Missing you, mate