Thread: Anyone ever have food poising?!

User Info Menu

Default Anyone ever have food poisoning?!

So Thursday I went out to lunch at a local Taco joint and tried their new Street Tacos as it was "National Taco Day", well I instantly regretted that decision.

My body instantly reacted to the food and within 30 minutes I was in the oval office not feeling well. I had to cancel all both jobs, Thursday/Friday and Saturday.

Ended up going to urgent care cause my body was aching, I was dizzy, fever of 102... the works.
    Today I still feel it but not as much so I'm back to work. But OMG... what an AWFUL feeling.

They told me it wasn't food poisoning but some other big long diagnosis.
    Last edited by SpazApproved; 10-08-2018 at 09:43 AM.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Anyone ever have food poising?!

I recently recovered from a bad case of it. Got so bad I was spitting blood at one point, needed antibiotics to fix it. Fever, severe back and chest pain, puking, horrible cough, etc. Clinician tried giving me this very unlikely diagnosis, it didn't fit at all. Luckily, it went away before too long after the antibiotics kicked in. Basically the first couple days are the worst of it, and it gets pretty manageable after that, it shouldn't last too long.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

No but the big take away for me on your post is "They told me it wasn't food poisoning but some other big long diagnosis." You may want to look into whatever that is some more .
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

I’ve had my fair share of gastric exorcisms. Not fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Yeah, twice. Great fun, bring a book.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

One time I had a bad Pizza Puff for lunch from a place next to where I worked. I've ordered this several times before from them and liked them. One time after eating one, within 30 minutes I was lethargic, dizzy, sick and heaving. I was ok the next day. Never ordered another one since.

Pizza-Puff.jpg
    Last edited by Olimpass; 10-08-2018 at 04:26 PM.

User Info Menu

Yes! I had a breakfast burrito form a national food chain. Not going to name it but, the old man had a farm, e i e i o. Terrible stomach cramps, body aches and overall feeling lousy. I hope you feel better.

User Info Menu

Back in ‘89, I killed a Rattlesnake at my Dad’s place just southwest of Maricopa, AZ. My brother and I decided it would be fun to eat it. So we oven fried it with “shake-n-bake”. Bad decision induced by Tequila and youthful indiscretion. My guess is it was more the Tequila than the snake. That’s about as close as I’ve come.

My wife got violently ill a few weeks ago. It hit her hard about 1.5hrs after we ate supper. Almost put her in the hospital. The Dr. tried to blame it on my Hamberger Helper at first, but no one else got sick. She just remembered a few days ago that right after supper she ate a handful of Blueberries right out of the carton without washing them first.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Years ago, I ate some bad Mayo that one of my friends left out for too long time and then decided to put back in my frig. I was violently ill for about 5 days or so. Was not pretty. Since then my motto has been when in doubt, throw it out ...

User Info Menu

Yup, I felt like I was going to die. After I barfed for 20 minutes, then I was on all fours and dry-heaved for another 20 minutes. It was like a demont having my body in his hands and twisting me in a knot as hard as he could. It was excruciatingly painful and I ended up with a hiatal hernia. Never had anything like that since and I hope I never do again.

I never went to the doctor but everyone told me it was probably food poisoning.

User Info Menu

From what you said the doc told you, it sounds like you didn't.