Thread: I'm Back behind the Drum seat.... Dynamite Society

User Info Menu

Default I'm Back behind the Drum seat.... Dynamite Society

So I got a called from some guys two weeks ago about them looking for a drummer. Apparently several people all pointed them in my direction. Well I stopped officially playing over two years ago before my daughter was born and have been at home bored since.

So I decided to listen to what they had to say and they sent me their set list. So I said I'd give it a shot and come jam with them and see how everything sounded etc. etc.

They absolutely loved my playing and were extremely interested in having me play. But even better for me they were all very serious and all took their parts very serious and wanted to play their best. I thought they were all great guys to play with, I felt the energy was good between us, the works.

So I said lets do one more session together and I'll make my decision. And on Tuesday we played for 2 hours and had a killer practice so I said I'm in. So I'm officially back in the music game with a band called Dynamite Society.

They are a full cover band and they only plan to play one good show a month which is great for me... as Roxtar was playing 2-3 shows a weekend and was just overwhelming at times.

Some of the bands they cover:
    Stone Temple Pilots, Greta Van Fleet, Nickelback, Avenged Sevenfold, Foo Fighters, Shinedown, Black Stone Cherry, Hoobastank, Sevendust, Pearl Jam, Motley Crue, Disturbed, Theory of a Deadman and etc.

So we'll see how it goes! First show isn't until January so I have plenty of time to clean myself up! haha

User Info Menu

Default Re: I'm Back behind the Drum seat.... Dynamite Society

Sounds like it could be a great opportunity for you, always good to work with musicians who put their best effort into things. Will there be band practices more frequent than before January?
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Sounds like fun.

User Info Menu

That's awesome Spaz, great group of bands to cover as well.
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    Sounds like it could be a great opportunity for you, always good to work with musicians who put their best effort into things. Will there be band practices more frequent than before January?
    yeah we have practice every Tuesday night which works great for me.
    Even better, the singer (who lets us practice at his house) has a decent kit with cymbals and etc that I can play on.
    So I only have to bring sticks and anything else I want to bring. Which, I adapt very well so I just plan on playing on his kit.
    He let me adjust it anyway I wanted, I did bring a new snare stand and hihat as his were not good.

User Info Menu

So far it all sounds awesome. It’s great you found a serious band that only plays one gig per month...which will be perfect for a new family man like yourself. Most bands that are dedicated want to gig all the time because they want to “make it big”. If they only play one gig per month, then most times they don’t care care how they sound. To find guys that are serious and dedicated but don’t want overdo it is a real score. Good choice of bands to cover as well!
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Good to hear you're back on the throne, Zack. A great player like you needs to be heard. I agree, I'd rather do fewer shows in better venues to bigger crowds than just take any gig that comes my way.

Acoustic Kits:
    Ludwig Maple 3ply White Cortex 4 pc
    Rukus Mod Orange Club 4 pc
    DW Design 6 pc
    Tama Silverstar Limited Edition Mirage 5 pc
    Tama Superstar 5 pc
    Tama Rockstar 4 pc
    Gretsch Catalina Ash 4 pc

Slingerland 7 pc

Electronic Kits:
    Yamaha DTX532k
    Roland TD-27, Roland PD-85 (x4), PD-125, KD9, CY-8 (x2) VH-10, Lemon 15 and 18 cymbals
    Roland SPD-SX Sample Pad

Snares:
    Tama SLP Black Brass
    Tama SLP G Maple
    Rukus Santos/Bubinga/Poplar/Wenge
    Rukus Avodire/Maple/Mahogany
    1972 Ludwig Supraphonic

Hardware:
    Tama, DW, Yamaha and Sonor

Cymbals:
    Zildjian A Series, A Custom and K Custom

Microphones:
    Miktek, Audix and Shure

User Info Menu

Sounds good Spaz... I have the wheels turning on something new too.. just too early yet to say anything about it...
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Uh-oh! Spaz + New Band = new equipment needed. I'll bet your wife is thinking that right now!

Good on you, though, buddy. Have fun, and let's see some videos.

GeeDeeEmm

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gdmoore28 View Post
    Uh-oh! Spaz + New Band = new equipment needed. I'll bet your wife is thinking that right now!

Good on you, though, buddy. Have fun, and let's see some videos.

GeeDeeEmm
    hahahahaha!
    She actually made the comment believe it or not.. she said no new drums for the new project lol
    But that's ok I'm loving those new/used Bish special Ddrums.