Thread: Lug Locks Problem

User Info Menu

Unhappy Lug Locks Problem

Need some help,I have just got a S/Hand Dunnett 14"x61/2" Titanium Snare,i decided to use some Pearl Lug Locks,the problem is that I have found out that some of the tension rods are different,so on 3 of them the threads do not go far enough to allow the the lug locks to reach the underside of the Rim for the Lug Locks to work,I just hope someone could tell me were I might get some Tension Rods to allow for this,I have tried Pearl Tension Rods but the Threads are still too short to reach the underside of the Rim,Can anyone Help

User Info Menu

Default Re: Lug Locks Problem

Sounds like it's an issue of tension rods, so if you get new ones it'll work again? Might want to take measurements beforehand if so, that way you know what lengths you need.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

You can buy new tension rods in several different lengths. Remove one of them that works and measure it.
    You can buy them at almost any on-line or local music store....even Amazon.
    Gibraltar is a common aftermarket brand that’s carried by almost everywhere.

*** After re-reading your post, is the problem that the offending rods have a shoulder under the head and are not threaded all the way up?
    Last edited by N2Bluz; 10-13-2018 at 12:35 PM.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

There is a place making locking devices that go over the top of the lug called Lockerz ...
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

I buy all my tension rods from drumfactorydirect

User Info Menu

Don't all lug locks lock against the lug insert instead of up against the underside of the hoop? Everything I found works like this. I've never seen a threaded lug lock that jams up against the underside of the hoops. You may be using them wrongly.

GeeDeeEmm

User Info Menu

Hey GDM ... yea there are some that are threaded. They come in different lengths
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

I find Hendrix Washers to be good
    The Varukers.