This is my first post here and it's not the usual one.

In the nineties when I bought my first drum kits they often came with the worst cymbals imaginable. Kind of strange sheets of metal that dent every time you hit them. I remember laughing about them at the time.
Now when I listen to recordings I made at the time I think that is one cool sound. Like puusch!
I've tried looking for similar things but believe it or not it's quite hard to find.
Anyone know what I'm talking about and know how I might find one or even what I'd call it?
Many thanks.