Thread: mastersound K's and A's HATS

User Info Menu

Default mastersound K's and A's HATS

okay this for the A zildjains A custom and the K zildjians mastersound hats.

what are the differences?

User Info Menu

well i have the k costom mastersound got it for fifty bucks off ebay. and its vary crisp in closeing, and has a vary high ring when open, closed there vary defined with almost no wash. witch is great if its what your looking for. the a costom one is vary simmalar but more defined in the closed hits, and more shimmery.
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

I didnt know there was k custom mastersound, thought it was only K zildijain.. interesting. so what you mean, when you close the high hat tight, its a really definded "tick" with no wash? i long for that! if thats what you mean.

User Info Menu

PS: thanks for answering, i was starting to think this thread would get cop webs on it.

User Info Menu

The description between the two makes me like the A crash better than the K

User Info Menu

the crash? dont you mean the hihat? =O

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lafirin View Post
    the crash? dont you mean the hihat? =O
    woops....yeah lol I meant the hi-hat. Just so much crash, hi-hat, ride, snare, tuning, floor tom, drum talk going on that I get confused sometimes

User Info Menu

hahaha, yeah it bongles with your mind sometimes, Im suffering from it too, no biggy!

any other thoughts on these hi hats?

User Info Menu

I like the smaller size 13" A custom HiHats. Very fast and has a really nice chink.

User Info Menu

what about when its closed? can you hit the hi hat and get a supppppper dupper clean tight "tick"?

User Info Menu

Cool

Zildjian 12" recording hi hats are great....I have 13" K hi hats,as well.....A custom is more "shimmering"....
    "FEEL DA GROOVE & PLAY IT FORWARD..."

"BEAUTY IS IN THE EARS OF THE BEHOLDER ,
    ENJOY IT ALL,,, MY BROTHERS & SISTERS"

COMMANDER & CHIEPH OF
    "PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY"

LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND
    & FORCE BEHIND DA
    "PHX AZ LEGEND OF DA ZYDECO GROOVE VEST"
    (AND OTHER TOYZ) INCLUDING PIZZABOX SNARE DRUM

IT'S ALL ABOUT DA SHOW !!!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lafirin View Post
    when you close the high hat tight, its a really definded "tick" with no wash? i long for that! if thats what you mean.
    yep but it has a lingering ring when played closed but its vary hidden. it sounds like just what your looking for

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

yup.. thats what i was looking for. but another thing. My hi hats are to heavy for me, they cut way to much for what i want. how are yours?

User Info Menu

there fairly light but open there insanely loud but closed they have decent cut but not to much.

User Info Menu

hmmmm, wonder if there louder than my AXX's stage hats

User Info Menu

maybe there stupidly loud when open, ill see if i can find a recording on youtube for ya

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

its not perficly there sound but its as close as we can get because i dont have a camera. and the volume on those is right but the sound is off alot

User Info Menu

yuck they dont sound good when that guy recorded it.
    that was the K cust?

User Info Menu

nope just the reg k and i think that was a pritty poor camera he used

User Info Menu

sorry.. im still pretty clueless when it comes to cymbals, regular K meaning, K zildjain?