Thread: Our band playing off the cuff - Honky Tonk...a Classic Country instrumental tune

User Info Menu

Default Our band playing off the cuff - Honky Tonk...a Classic Country instrumental tune

Ive been with The Country Wranglers dance band since 2000' and we play "off the cuff" - nothing is "rehearsed" - Im the "baby of the band" and Im 70 years old ... and here it is...mistakes included but hey, we had fun playing it and our dance crowd had fun dancing to it.

Yamaha Oak Custom 22x17 with Brass Kick Port, Brass Hoop Claws,10-12-14 racks, 16 Floor and all toms have Brass Hoops and a Tama Starclassic Bubinga Elite 14x6.5 snare in Quilted Mocha Burst and Black Nickel hardware. All hi-end Zildjian Cymbals - K Dark Thin crashes & splashes, a Zildjian A crash & a Meinl 16" crash, Avedis Zildjian 1964 ride, K Custom hats plus New Beat hats on Closed X-Hat.

If a Man offends thee - - give each of his children a Drum~~~!!!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Our band playing off the cuff - Honky Tonk...a Classic Country instrumental tune

I hope at 70 i'm still out playing just as you are!! This is great!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Our band playing off the cuff - Honky Tonk...a Classic Country instrumental tune

Excellent! I really like this and the band sounds great. Thank you for posting.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thunderstruck View Post
    Excellent! I really like this and the band sounds great. Thank you for posting.
    Thanks for the Flowers -- Its nice to hear complimentary remarks, especially at my tender age of 70. Which reminds me, one of the things our band does at the end of our gigs, we always compliment each other on a job well done and I think its something that tends to keep players happy with each other.
    Yamaha Oak Custom 22x17 with Brass Kick Port, Brass Hoop Claws,10-12-14 racks, 16 Floor and all toms have Brass Hoops and a Tama Starclassic Bubinga Elite 14x6.5 snare in Quilted Mocha Burst and Black Nickel hardware. All hi-end Zildjian Cymbals - K Dark Thin crashes & splashes, a Zildjian A crash & a Meinl 16" crash, Avedis Zildjian 1964 ride, K Custom hats plus New Beat hats on Closed X-Hat.

If a Man offends thee - - give each of his children a Drum~~~!!!