Thread: 1 for the road

User Info Menu

Default 1 for the road

Why not??????????????????
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Default Re: 1 for the road

Why not indeed! Great playing as always.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thunderstruck View Post
    Why not indeed! Great playing as always.

Thank you, my friend, it is always good to hear from you.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

you move around that kit so well my friend!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    you move around that kit so well my friend!
    Thanks Spaz. If I stay on 1 drum too long then I get bored.

VAE VICTIS

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Rick,
    I admire your willingness to share your drumming for all the world to see. That's not something most of us are prepared to do!

Just one of these videos, I want to see you smack the devil out of those things. Play along with some tunes and lay into those drums. Show 'em who's boss.

I ran across a great drummer a few years ago in a club who amazed me with his licks. (I was actually taking his place in the band.) I asked him how he developed such awesome skills. His response was: "Those are my drums. I paid for them. Now, I just tell those SOBs what to do!!!!"

Don't know why I told that story. It's always stuck in my head. I wish my drums would obey the way his did.

GeeDeeEmm

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gdmoore28 View Post
    Rick,
    I admire your willingness to share your drumming for all the world to see. That's not something most of us are prepared to do!

Just one of these videos, I want to see you smack the devil out of those things. Play along with some tunes and lay into those drums. Show 'em who's boss.

I ran across a great drummer a few years ago in a club who amazed me with his licks. (I was actually taking his place in the band.) I asked him how he developed such awesome skills. His response was: "Those are my drums. I paid for them. Now, I just tell those SOBs what to do!!!!"

Don't know why I told that story. It's always stuck in my head. I wish my drums would obey the way his did.

GeeDeeEmm

GD, I have had basically the same attitude for most of my life. I've said it several times over the years that "I play you, you don't play me".

I've always wondered why, of all the instruments 1 can play, the people who pick drums are the most intimidated by them (certainly not all, but I've run across so many people that are).

1 of the many reasons that I love watching Davikah play is the fact that she has only been playing about 7 years, has chops that drummers playing 20 years don't have, and PLAYS the damn things. Her drums "obey" her, not the other way around.

VAE VICTIS

WILL ROGERS