Thread: Axis pedals

User Info Menu

Default Axis pedals

Does anyone here use Axis Longboards? I've been looking at buying a new double pedal set, but can't make up my mind between these and Iron Cobras. They both have great reviews, but I was wondering if anybody has found any problems with them.
    Da' Bum
    Rockin' the beat for fadedblue
    Keepin' time for Andy Harrison & the AOP
    http://www.facebook.com/fadedbluemusic
    DW Performance 5 pc. in White Marine Pearl
    1972 Pearl Deluxe Custom 5 pc. in blue sparkle
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

from my experience they are both great pedals...i would go with the cobras myself though

User Info Menu

I agree. They're both great pedals. I advise seeing if you can try them out as much as possible at a drum store, or perhaps see if you can borrow a friends to try out. This is the only way you can be certain which one is right for you.
    I've never owned an Axis drum pedal but tried it once and was amazed at how good it felt.

User Info Menu

Unfortunatly, my local drum shop only carries Iron Cobra's ( the super expensive chrome plated ones at that) and not the Axis ones so I can't try them out. I did try out a new set of Pearl Eliminator pedals today and they are very smooth and responsive. I also like the adjustability of them, but I'm still very interested in the Axis Longboards.
    Da' Bum
    Rockin' the beat for fadedblue
    Keepin' time for Andy Harrison & the AOP
    http://www.facebook.com/fadedbluemusic
    DW Performance 5 pc. in White Marine Pearl
    1972 Pearl Deluxe Custom 5 pc. in blue sparkle
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

a freind of mines got one a nd he loves it. ive never tried one though. the things ganed popularty through the years
    max

User Info Menu

Default Re: Axis pedals

Longboards are very nice. they have a very smooth responce and a good fell to the feet. you can easily go faster than cobra's.

here's the new ones
    Drums:
    A ???? jazz set ( yet to be discovered, it's debadged ) with a Tama singstar 10" tom, a 12", 13" and a 16" floor tom all with internal dampeners all held up by a tama power tower rack, a percussion plus 14" snare, a set of custom k high hats and a Ludwig Speed King bass drum pedal